User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is this a Devers "superfractor"?

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is this a Devers "superfractor"?

Obviously not. Seller refuses to adjust misleading title. What do you think? Report item? Hope it's nobody here listing this:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/292197645711...torefresh=true

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	devers super.JPG 
Views:	71 
Size:	117.2 KB 
ID:	71727
    WTTF/WTB: Looking for Red Sox cards I don't have of players from modern Bowman products. Always open to trade!

Bwoodcollector
     @anthonyscorona
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe they call that an Arkansas superfractor. Btw, all 1/1's are supers in Trumps America

Bring me your Bickford, Ryan McMahon, Senzatela and Peter Lambert cards
    Please note: Card collecting is my hobby, not my life. I don't take it that serious and like to keep it fun.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All superfractors are 1/1 but all 1/1's are not superfractors.

That, my friend, is a 1/1 but not a superfractor.

Not really worth reporting IMHO. But, to each their own.

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine." Abraham Lincoln

Senior Member death2redemptions's Avatar
     ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It seems like many sellers are listing anything prospect related that is a 1/1 as a superfractor these days. It's sort of annoying but it's far less of an annoyance than sellers listing "non auto" or "ebay 1/1" in their titles. I hate that.
    Look, I'm gonna be honest with you. I really need a job. And I will take any position, as long as it doesn't involve having sex with old ladies for money or bear traps. Those are my two bugaboos. While mulling over my resume feel free to check out my baseball card collection, it's small and simple, kinda like me - >>>>> https://s822.photobucket.com/user/JDf...ds%20n%20stuff

juanlasttime
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by death2redemptions View Post
    It seems like many sellers are listing anything prospect related that is a 1/1 as a superfractor these days. It's sort of annoying but it's far less of an annoyance than sellers listing "non auto" or "ebay 1/1" in their titles. I hate that.
    Or sellers listing a 19/100 Juan gonzalez as a 1/1 because it's his jersey number.. isn't there only 1 20/100,21/100,22/100... makes every numbered card a 1/1 I guess...

ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Juanlasttime View Post
    Or sellers listing a 19/100 Juan gonzalez as a 1/1 because it's his jersey number.. isn't there only 1 20/100,21/100,22/100... makes every numbered card a 1/1 I guess...
    Yeah, that's what I was trying to get at. It annoys me when I'm specifically looking for 1/1's of my PC players and then jersey #, first or last of #d/xxx, etc. show up. I mean, sure, it is accurate that technically every serial # could be considered a 1/1 but it still bugs me when I see it.
    Look, I'm gonna be honest with you. I really need a job. And I will take any position, as long as it doesn't involve having sex with old ladies for money or bear traps. Those are my two bugaboos. While mulling over my resume feel free to check out my baseball card collection, it's small and simple, kinda like me - >>>>> https://s822.photobucket.com/user/JDf...ds%20n%20stuff

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by death2redemptions View Post
    Whatever it takes to get the chicks.....I mean, clicks.
    Boston Red Sox 2013 World Champions! #BostonStrong

-Thanks to JBel4331 for the sig

fcbsportscards
    Mentioned
    600 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scotty216brs View Post
    That's one of my philosophies and the reason I like this thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app
    Check out the FCB Community Sports Card Podcast
    Wanna host? PM Me! We would love to have YOU on the podcast.

ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scotty216brs View Post
    Stop clicknbaiting Scotty. This is not the place

deliciousbacon666
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have actually paid for more a card just to avoid buying from a seller who used "ebay 1/1" in their listings. Can't stand that ****, and don't think sellers should be rewarded for using it.
    I'm DelBacon on Sportlots, tons of great cards!

1K+ Club - Top Player Collections (as of 10/21/18): 1. Glaus: 2096 - 2. Rolen: 1686 - 3. Thome: 1638 - 4. Helton: 1521 - 5. Garciaparra: 1461 - 6. L. Walker: 1317 - 7. D. Ortiz: 1311 - 8. R. Palmeiro: 1307 - 9. Edmonds: 1090 10. Biggio: 1072 - 11. A. Beltre: 1052

cmcjr99
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterT View Post
    All superfractors are 1/1 but all 1/1's are not superfractors.

hmmm...are you sure...i was almost certain there was a product a few years back (in football i think ??) that had superfractors numbered to 10
    I collect any and all South Carolina Gamec0cks in any sport including players and coaches .
    Master set projects
    football : 2000 Finest , 2001 Bowman's Best , 2004 Fleer Tradition`, and 2017 Donruss
    baseball : 2002 Topps Chrome and 2007 Topps
    Claude's Desperate Plea for Help After Dad's Death (pay pal pool)

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by game****fanatic View Post
    hmmm...are you sure...i was almost certain there was a product a few years back (in football i think ??) that had superfractors numbered to 10
    Honestly I don't know a thing about football cards, so you may be right. Don't know. Either way, that is not one of them!

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine." Abraham Lincoln

juangris311
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Juanlasttime View Post
    Jersey numbered cards often carry a small premium but they don't excuse listing with "1/1" in the eBay title... unless the player's number is 1 and it's a 1/1. #mootpoint
    Always Looking For Adam Dunn Autograph Cards, 1/1's And Game Used Bats!

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This thread turned into a 1/1 thread discussion, which is fine by me, but does anyone else think these types of listings should be reported for having a false title? The guy is clearly a jackass. When I messaged him and told him it was not a superfractor and shouldn't list it as such, he wrote back, "I don't need your help."
    WTTF/WTB: Looking for Red Sox cards I don't have of players from modern Bowman products. Always open to trade!

Bwoodcollector
     @anthonyscorona
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bmp1971 View Post
    This thread turned into a 1/1 thread discussion, which is fine by me, but does anyone else think these types of listings should be reported for having a false title? The guy is clearly a jackass. When I messaged him and told him it was not a superfractor and shouldn't list it as such, he wrote back, "I don't need your help."
    I doubt eBay does anything about it

Bring me your Bickford, Ryan McMahon, Senzatela and Peter Lambert cards
    Please note: Card collecting is my hobby, not my life. I don't take it that serious and like to keep it fun.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast