Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

FCB Virtual Sports Card Show Volume 3 August 24th

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
With The National coming to a close this is a perfect time to hold the next FreedomCardBoard virtual card show.

The last show had far more volume on the trade boards than we have seen in a really long time, and a decent number of deals got done and we are looking to surpass that.

If you have a lot of nice mid and high-end and/or wax and are considering setting up a table, please pm me. We may be able to work with you on this.

We will as a website be offering prizes throughout the show for dealers and buyers who participate.

Setting up a Table:

There is no cost to set up a virtual table in the transaction thread, but there are certain criteria that must be met:

1. The listing must give an idea of what is being sold in the thread. Last time around we got feedback that it is frustrating to wander into threads where there is nothing of interest. In your title you must give an idea of what is in the thread. (Examples include: High-End Prospect Autos, $1, $2 and $3 boxes, Griffey collection low-high end etc.) A simple format used in the past was Topnotchsy Table: Pujols RC Auto's and Vintage Game-Used

2. Use pictures or a neat list. For pictures make sure they are not linked to your image host so web searchers can view them easily. For cheaper cards, (especially if you have a lot of cards) you may want to consider a simple neat list. Make the list (and pictures) as organized as possible, grouping by player, year or price point.

3. Include prices for all items.

4. We are beginning the "show" at 3:00 PM on August 24th and it will run until midnight on three consecutive days. By having a specific time we can get maximum traffic to everyone's threads. Please abide by the time, and do not put open any "table" threads earlier. (I know that what constitutes a "table" versus any other thread can be debated. I am asking for people's cooperation on this so that it is better for all of us.)

5. We will have a special staging area so that all sale threads can be adjusted by moderators before they are posting so that we can limit customer confusion and better facilitate sales for you.

Special thanks to [MENTION=2002]Topnotchsy[/MENTION] as this is his brain child and is the inspiration behind the event.

We will be tweaking this event in the coming days as users make suggestions that make sense. If you have a good idea please post it here. If you have a question please post it here.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Should be a lot of fun. Sorry I didn't have the time/energy to run it this time, but I'll definitely try to be involved.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
Tremendous! Are you tweeting this thread out? I'll be happy to get word out.

Bring me your Bickford, Ryan McMahon, Senzatela and Peter Lambert cards

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
I messaged a buy from BO who is also on twitter. He said hes a registered user here too. The only other Bickford I'm aware of

swish54_99

Dec 12, 2012
I'll set up a table. I didn't set one up last time so I'm new at this. Is there a way to start putting stuff on my thread as time allows in the days leading up to the show? That way I'm not left trying to add everything right before 3:00 start time?

jgeorge06

May 2, 2017
I'll set up a table. I didn't set one up last time so I'm new at this. Is there a way to start putting stuff on my thread as time allows in the days leading up to the show? That way I'm not left trying to add everything right before 3:00 start time?

What I'm planning to do is have everything in a Google doc, then just copy and paste into the thread

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

Yankees48

Jul 2, 2014
Id be down, just saw number 5 that answered my prior question.

Sounds cool!

Last edited:

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
Cant wait for this! Great idea Chris. Hope this can get some great traffic here

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
If I can get a lil time this next week, I will try to get a list organized that I can put in. Pics may be tough to get up in time, but could always furnish by request.

Ryan
Will Clark / Mike Brown Collector

Members online