User Tag List

Thread: Anyone have a Mays connect?

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone have a Mays connect?

Looking to get this one finished and want to see if possible. Rest of it is already LOAd

Ryan
    Will Clark / Mike Brown Collector
    Last edited by RStadlerASU22; 09-23-2017 at 11:38 AM.
    ALWAYS LOOKING FOR ODDBALL, REGIONAL, TEAM ISSUED, VARIATIONS, AND TOUGH CARDS OF WILL CLARK AND MIKE BROWN

Bwoodcollector
     @anthonyscorona
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Holy moley that's sweet

Bring me your Bickford, Ryan McMahon, Senzatela and Peter Lambert cards
    Please note: Card collecting is my hobby, not my life. I don't take it that serious and like to keep it fun.

Senior Member death2redemptions's Avatar
     ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's gonna be legendary once completed.

Heck, it already is.
    Look, I'm gonna be honest with you. I really need a job. And I will take any position, as long as it doesn't involve having sex with old ladies for money or bear traps. Those are my two bugaboos. While mulling over my resume feel free to check out my baseball card collection, it's small and simple, kinda like me - >>>>> https://s822.photobucket.com/user/JDf...ds%20n%20stuff

joey_baseball
     joey12524
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RStadlerASU22 View Post
    Looking to get this one finished and want to see if possible. Rest if it is already LOAd

Ryan
    Wow ny collectors will go nuts for that

Sent from my iPad using Freedom Card Board

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    His health is getting bad, he's almost blind. I'd be surprised if he travels to do signings anymore. I got him in Chicago at an appearance 3 or so years ago and he was pretty bad then. If you wanted something signed in a certain spot they wouldn't guarantee he'd sign there because he could barely see where to sign. The handler had to take his hand and set it where he was supposed to sign and hope for the best. I'd keep an eye on San Francisco (or wherever he lives now) area shows. Might also be worth while to look into his Say Hey Foundation to see if he ever does anything through that. I'd be surprised, he can be a pretty grumpy old guy, but you never know.

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^^^I agree to all of that inc. I am trying to go through the foundation. I know someone who got him a few years ago and no joke, Mays was like pricing people out of what he wanted to charge. The guy in front got him on a 16x20 for $200, guy I know of was charged $1200 to sign his RC. Luckily that guy has the funds, but def weird.

Ryan
    ALWAYS LOOKING FOR ODDBALL, REGIONAL, TEAM ISSUED, VARIATIONS, AND TOUGH CARDS OF WILL CLARK AND MIKE BROWN

The Land Of Always Baseball....Sunny Florida
     WaxPax
     WaxPax
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm dating myself by saying this, but I remember when this took place. It was Old Timers day mid 70's at Shea Stadium. I can't remember if it was for the Mets or Yankees (Yanks played at Shea in 74 & 75), but it was the legendary NY CF'ers all walking in from CF together....

joey_baseball
     joey12524
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WaxPax View Post
    I'm dating myself by saying this, but I remember when this took place. It was Old Timers day mid 70's at Shea Stadium. I can't remember if it was for the Mets or Yankees (Yanks played at Shea in 74 & 75), but it was the legendary NY CF'ers all walking in from CF together....
    It was the 1977 mets oldtimers game honoring heros of the world series. That game was right after the mets traded tom seaver, my dad went crazy

Sent from my iPad using Freedom Card Board