Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2017 National Baseball Card Day Giveways

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

r2d2

Aug 24, 2008
Mexico City
Do you think these will be hard to find?

Supposedly the Royals handed out on August 6th but there is nothing on ebay. Hate this SGAs as a player collector.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Do you think these will be hard to find?

yes ---- if you think 30000-50000 are "hard to find" because I'd have to think just about every fan in attendance on that night got a free pack and not just the first 25,000 or whatever.

I'm trying to figure out how it was done. I initially thought it would be a 2017 topps design set giveaway, but seeing broadcasters flipping through vintage cards during a broadcast, I got to wondering if topps just bought cards in the market, sorted the cards by team and created team-specific packs of vintage cards of that team to give away and who knows if they were stamped or not as a buyback or other special language.

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
I was at the Mariners game against the Yankees on July 20th and saw the packs. I'd be willing to bet that 75% of them were still available at the end of the game in boxes. Not that many kids go to games anymore! Eventually, I'd imagine, these packs will turn up at some point as "exclusive" and "hard to find" and "Super Rare!" and probably "extremely limited" by someone with deep enough pockets to buy the whole lot out the back door.

PeteD

Oct 15, 2009
Southern Ont.
I was at the Mariners game against the Yankees on July 20th and saw the packs. I'd be willing to bet that 75% of them were still available at the end of the game in boxes. Not that many kids go to games anymore! Eventually, I'd imagine, these packs will turn up at some point as "exclusive" and "hard to find" and "Super Rare!" and probably "extremely limited" by someone with deep enough pockets to buy the whole lot out the back door.

yeah i wonder if most ppl would consider them oddball. Jays put out a Fire Safety set couple yrs back...some were getting $15-$20 a pop for the sets. Then after a couple of months you can pick them up 1/2 that, or less.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
This Saturday's complete hobby store sets including bonus trout are showing up on ebay already. Topps really needs to overhaul the hobby shop promo part so you aren't diverting packs from potential hobby shop visitors and baseball card potential first timers to sell on ebay instead. The stores should be selling any leftover cards on ebay after people visiting hobby shops have their crack at the free packs.

Aug 7, 2008
Tampa, FL
I need two copies of the Athletics ones and have seen zero even though they were supposedly handed out on Friday/Saturday game.

I've seen a Giants and a few others listed but not encouraging for sure...

Thanks,
Jeff

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

coqxxx4

Aug 7, 2008
Have these Diamondbacks if anyone is interested

AD3 Taijuan Walker
AD5 Paul Goldschmidt
AD6 Jake Lamb
AD7 Fernando Rodney
AD8 Yasmany Tomas
AD9 Patrick Corbin
AD10 Randy Johnson

Casebusters

Aug 14, 2008
Viera, Florida
This Saturday's complete hobby store sets including bonus trout are showing up on ebay already. Topps really needs to overhaul the hobby shop promo part so you aren't diverting packs from potential hobby shop visitors and baseball card potential first timers to sell on ebay instead. The stores should be selling any leftover cards on ebay after people visiting hobby shops have their crack at the free packs.
I was asked in my shop if I can sell packs to them and I told them if I have any left over after the day was done, I can sell them.
I had about 25 people come to the store to pick one up. A bunch were father/son, husband/wife, so I gave each person a free pack,
3 guys came in together and they spent $110, $40 and $1.00. Gave them a pack each and the guy who spent a dollar pulled a Benintendi auto. The other 2 got the special Trout card.

So I have 25 packs left and 35 trout cards left.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Freedom Card Board mobile app

r2d2

Aug 24, 2008
Mexico City
From the SGAs I was able to find the ones I needed from Royals and Dodgers. Need two from the Blue Jays and I have not seen a single one on ebay. Canadians are not listing =(

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
Seems like a lot of SGAs get lost/torn up/tossed. I've been trying to find a 2001 Oh Henry Blue Jays Jeff Frye for several years and I've never seen one for sell.

Members online