Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Which one would you pick for a redemption replacement?

Which One would you pick?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
Here is what I sent back..

I would think that you would be able to replace the Mays Auto with a card of the same stature.. A Hall of Fame player that is one of the top players that has ever played the game is not the same as a rookie auto..

I'm pretty much a collector and I would like something of close to the same..

(see attached at some of the cards I have in my collection)

and here's a link to some other cards I have..

[link removed]

Thanks for your time,
Kevin

Here is the link I provided..
(still updating some of the sets..)

http://www.mcaf.com/pinbreaker/pers_coll/

Rabs

Jan 25, 2011
Land O Lakes, FL
What is the deal with the Mays? How long have you been waiting for it? Did they say it won't be fulfilled?

I'd much rather have the Mays than the others.

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
Since I was reading about the other Topps Redemption travesty, I thought I would post an update..

I'm still waiting.. The guy that I talk to knows I am patient and always have been, and he's willing to find a card that would fit into my collection..

Eventually I'll get a decent card.. I keep nudging him for a Dynasty Griffey.. :)

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
Just thought I would post an update.. I'm still waiting and I decided to look to see what is the value of the cards that were offered

Your current redemption:

The Topps Five Star have all sold over $300 when I just checked..
2014 Five Star Baseball Five Star Auto Rainbow Parallel of Willie Mays FSA-WMA - $300 Beckett

Topps is offering:

2015 Bowman Chrome Draft Pick Autograph #BCAAB Andrew Benintendi -$300 Beckett
benintendi.PNG

or

2016 Bowman Chrome Prospect Autographs Green Refractors #CPATM Trey Mancini #92/99 - $200 Beckett
mancini.PNG
and
2015 Bowman Chrome Draft Draft Pick Autographs #BCAIH Ian Happ - $100.00 Beckett.
happ.PNG

I'm leaning towards the Benintendi..just want to see what everyone else would do..

Just being patient..

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
It looks as if Mays has not signed for Topps since 2014. Correct? If that is the case, I would not continue to wait this one out. With HOF'er autos, you usually do not have a lot of movement in value, which as you know prospect cards can be volatile. It is probably best at this point, that you come up with a fair comp. value for the Mays and get multiple prospect autos to spread the risk on resale. With the proceeds, lock down a Mays auto to your liking but this could only happen if Topps increases their end of compensation.

Letch77

Jan 28, 2018
Midwest
Sounds to me like Topps (and any other company that doesn't fulfill their redemptions) is a fraud. Death to redemptions...don't chase anything that can't be pulled from the packs.
I'd also like to rant about the short-print retro card garbage. So they take cards that were vastly overproduced in the 80s+, slap a #/199 stamp on them, and then expect us to gobble up pack after pack trying to find them?? Get real, Topps...