Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What's the worse thing to happen to this hobby?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
an incident came up today that make me think of this thread....

not good that Ebay doesn't have a trading card expert.

How stupid is it that you are looking at a unique card on ebay, don't bid or don't win it, and ebay spams you with a "sorry you didn't win ____ but are these of interest?" and they are nothing close to the card I was looking/bidding on. If Ebay had a trading card expert, the recommendations might be closer in interest instead of further away in interest than the card not won.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
an incident came up today that make me think of this thread....

not good that Ebay doesn't have a trading card expert.

How stupid is it that you are looking at a unique card on ebay, don't bid or don't win it, and ebay spams you with a "sorry you didn't win ____ but are these of interest?" and they are nothing close to the card I was looking/bidding on. If Ebay had a trading card expert, the recommendations might be closer in interest instead of further away in interest than the card not won.

I HATE those emails. I get enough notifications about items I'm actually watching but then I get notifications about crap I click on once just to research a set or something or to get clarification on what the item is. If I was genuinely interested I'd watch it

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
No, just a collector that wanted it more then others..

How long have you been collecting? Try picking up a Griffey GU Jersey card from 1997 for what you think they might sell for..
th

scan0013%2B%25283%2529.jpg

Last edited:

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
I HATE those emails. I get enough notifications about items I'm actually watching but then I get notifications about crap I click on once just to research a set or something or to get clarification on what the item is. If I was genuinely interested I'd watch it

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board
I get more email from ebay than any other spammer. I only havent changed settings for fear of missing out on ebay bucks offers

Bring me your Bickford, Ryan McMahon, Senzatela and Peter Lambert cards

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Price Guides, plain and simple. Trading cards were once a toss in to sell other products and really had "no value" other than fun collectibles you got with a purchase of gum, tobacco or other. Eventually they stood on their own as a product, but it wasn't really until people started pricing up cards did the greed and craziness set in fully.

I remember when a local shop wouldn't sell anything new until the guide came out with a price. Talk about stupid!!!