Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

My cut junk era ART thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tim carroll

Feb 15, 2009
Nice job Tim yet again and on one of the most iconic and desired cards of the 80s!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Great job with the Mattingly, the shadowing and his facial hair looks realistic!

Thank you! I appreciate you mentioning that - this was not the normal portrait.....the card is extremely dark, and there's really no card out there to replicate facial stubble. Leaving it off wouldn't look right, but make it too dark and he looks like he has a beard. It was a difficult piece, that's for sure!

tim carroll

Feb 15, 2009
Commissioned 1914 Cracker Jack Christy Mathewson headed to the frameshop.
This one measures approximately 29.5" x 22":

48860259147_578a7e9c6b_z.jpg

Tim

tim carroll

Feb 15, 2009
Love the Trout! Taking my Mantle AS to the frame shop to have glass put over it, to keep the dust out!!!

Awesome! Would love to see it afterwards. I'm sure the frameshop will do it without asking, but I would mention spacers to them just in case. I'm unsure what would happen over time if that glass were to have prolonged contact with it.

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
Awesome! Would love to see it afterwards. I'm sure the frameshop will do it without asking, but I would mention spacers to them just in case. I'm unsure what would happen over time if that glass were to have prolonged contact with it.

Thanks....I will mention that to them!!!

tim carroll

Feb 15, 2009
Here is my latest finished commission....the 1910 E98 Honus Wagner. The owner of one of the Black Swamp Find beauties will be hanging this one on his wall:

49101712871_8c3daeeae1_z.jpg

tim carroll

Feb 15, 2009
Had the opportunity to work this one, and it's the first time I've ever worked an entire slab. Very happy with the results!

Just over 3 feet tall. Made entirely from cut baseball cards:

49209976691_787863306b_z.jpg

I also had the opportunity to talk with John Dreker of Pirates Prospects recently. Fun interview that allowed me to dig deep into the experiences that led to this career:

https://www.piratesprospects.com/2019/12/a-look-at-the-unique-artwork-of-tim-carroll.html

Tim

Members online

Latest posts