Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

My cut junk era ART thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tim carroll

Feb 15, 2009
My last thread was annihilated by photobucket, lol. For those I haven't had the pleasure of talking to...."Hi, I'm Tim." I cut common baseball cards and rearrange the pieces into large artwork. Pieces typically take around 50-60 hours, with some going far beyond that. Most are in the 22" x 28" range, but the pieces are scaled up according to the original card, so some may be much skinnier/taller, while the mid-30's Goudey & late 40's Leaf are closer to a square. I do this for living, so I love taking commission work (and I only do pieces ONCE.) Other pieces I do just for fun, but those are also for sale. I'll try to add the old photos back over time, but for now - here are my most recent pieces:

1948 Leaf Jackie Robinson (SOLD):

36170135756_ced90852bb_c.jpg

1987 Topps Mookie Wilson (SOLD):

36112964081_8c63b590a2_c.jpg

Ty Cobb Advertisement Back (Original AVAILABLE):

35108851284_b3a579b43b_c.jpg

Roberto Clemente, photo from 1964 Topps Giants (Original AVAILABLE):

36386343084_3dab3a10d1_c.jpg

1915 M101-5 Sporting News Babe Ruth (SOLD):

36976216300_87ab48d60a_c.jpg

Last edited:

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Damn, I just love them and wish I could afford that Jackie and Ruth! The best part of this thread is that someone did the 1987 Topps Mookie, I love it.

Ryan
Will Clark / Mike Brown Collector

tim carroll

Feb 15, 2009
Thanks, everyone!

Damn, I just love them and wish I could afford that Jackie and Ruth! The best part of this thread is that someone did the 1987 Topps Mookie, I love it.

Ryan

I can't describe how happy I was to do something like the Mookie. Just goes to show that collecting means different things to different people. Whether it is an all-time epic expensive HOF RC or the last card you needed for a particular set when you were younger, every collector has that one card that gives them the feels. This particular pieces was given to a man by his parents. He was a HUGE Mookie guy back in the 80's. The best part of this was that they made the trip down the east coast to my house to have it presented to him in person. He didn't know what the road trip was about until he entered my studio. The silent smiles, tears, and hugs between he and his dad after were something I'll never forget.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Thanks, everyone!

I can't describe how happy I was to do something like the Mookie. Just goes to show that collecting means different things to different people. Whether it is an all-time epic expensive HOF RC or the last card you needed for a particular set when you were younger, every collector has that one card that gives them the feels. This particular pieces was given to a man by his parents. He was a HUGE Mookie guy back in the 80's. The best part of this was that they made the trip down the east coast to my house to have it presented to him in person. He didn't know what the road trip was about until he entered my studio. The silent smiles, tears, and hugs between he and his dad after were something I'll never forget.
That is perfect, well done sir.

Ryan

olerudfan

Aug 7, 2008
Arizona
You have amazing talent. I just saw Olerud piece you did from a few years back and wish I had that one as part of my collection. Keep up the great work.

tim carroll

Feb 15, 2009
You have amazing talent. I just saw Olerud piece you did from a few years back and wish I had that one as part of my collection. Keep up the great work.

I appreciate that! I worked live at the 2014 Cleveland National with the Upper Deck Company, and met a man from Toronto while I was there. He commissioned that Olerud.

tim carroll

Feb 15, 2009
I caved. I said I had no desire to create just anything from cards - but when I had my son out in the studio working on his homework after school one evening.....it hit me. So I created this little by little while the kids were at school/wife at work. I had so much fun with it, as I was able to go beyond just a photograph and play with the background/colors within the clothing, etc. I'll be finishing up my other 2 kiddos in the upcoming months, but here is my 10-year old son, Mason. This one is larger, almost 3 ft x 3 ft. Cut junk era commons.

24524356828_ef2d439dc4_c.jpg

tim carroll

Feb 15, 2009
Thank you! Yes...that was my Joe Jackson made from 19 cut black socks that had the frame wrapped with 8 white socks.

carrsallstars

Sep 16, 2009
Holy smokes. These are amazing! The Mookie was really neat, but the one of your son was the one I liked the best...

bigalbert

Aug 7, 2008
Tim, that is brilliant. I've enjoyed seeing your stuff over the years. I believe the first time I saw your artwork was back in the day on The Bench. Keep up the good work.
AL

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

Members online