Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Therion's All Time Astros Autograph Collection (977 Reached!! 17 To Go!)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
Man, I thought Verlander would have had some cert autos in an Astros uni by now, but I guess not. Any ideas about his signing habits IP or TTM?

I just checked baseball reference to verify how long he's been with the Stros, btw, and damn I forgot what a great year he had last year.

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
I’ve actually nabbed a SECOND Powell for under $10. Crazy

Verlander has one certified Astros auto which is a sticker, numbered to 10, and also has Altuve and Correa. He doesn’t sign IP or TTM. I’ll end up having to get him at TriStar for $150.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
Two upgrades and a new coaches card, but it's a cool one!

ClarkDave.jpg
Dave Clark, TTM c/o Spring Training

NottebartDon.jpg
Don Nottebart

DealCot.jpg
Jerry Walker, Don Leppert, Denis Menke, Cot Deal, and Les Moss

I love this card!

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
Also added the following players to the need list that have premiered in the first week of 2019.

Michael Brantley
Robinson Chirinos
Aledmys Diaz
Wade Miley

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I am in the same boat with Dodgers, but due to that move to LA in 1958, I have a convenient break in which to separate the collection. I am close to 100% complete for LA (I think I may still need 2-3 more at this point, all recent, but Brooklyn will always be impossible to finish.

Very nice!!!!!! I'll NEVER be down to 20 Yankees!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
A huge new addition and two upgrades.

VerlanderJustin.jpg
Justin Verlander! I got this one cheaper than I thought I'd be able to. That said, it wasn't cheap lol

MartinezPedro.jpg
Pedro Martinez upgrade (not THAT Pedro)

MortonCharlie.jpg
Charlie Morton upgrade

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
It has been a crazy month, so I haven't been updating this. So a good number of additions.

First, the new autographs. Corbin Martin debuted two days ago, but I already had his auto. So I just moved this from one place to another.

MartinCorbin.jpg

And I added a relief pitcher that I was shocked Topps made a card for, Framber Valdez!

ValdezFramber.jpg

The rest are all upgrades, include a HUGE upgrade. Wade Blasingame is TOUGH.

BlasingameWade.jpg
RondonHector.jpg
WynnJim.jpg
KoniecznyDoug.jpg
PenaCarlos.jpg
HennemanMike.jpg

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
Two new players added to the needs list, Jack Mayfield and Garrett Stubbs.

But my total needs remains the same because I have two new autos and one upgrade.

WhiteRick.jpg
Rick White has eluded me. He is like 93% TTM but NEVER responds to my requests. So I broke down and bought this one.

PerezCionel.jpg
Cionel Perez. Panini has released several that I need, but I avoid these because of the lack of logos. I got this one for less than $2 shipped, so why not? It will go on my list of needed upgrades.

WojciechowskiAsher.jpg
Finally, Asher Wojciechowski upgrade. I had a 4x6 photo, but I far prefer cards.

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
Added Yordan Alvarez to the needs list. His cards are priced crazy right now, so just a matter of waiting for the market to correct on his autograph.

Two names knocked off the list and two updates.

StrawMyles.jpg
Myles Straw. It is on a logoless Donruss card, but one of the Team Collectors sent it to me for free, so definitely happy to knock it off the list!

ArmenterosRogelio.jpg
Rogelio Armenteros. This is a preemptive strike. He is set to premier tonight.

HarrisonChuck.jpg
Chuck Harrison. Upgrade from an index card.

KemmererRuss.jpg
Russ Kemmerer. Upgrade from a HORRIBLE custom I made years ago. I believe one of the first customs I ever made.

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
One need knocked off the list, but Cy Sneed added to the needs list. Also two upgrades.

JamesJosh.jpg
First, the new addition is Josh James. His auto is stupid.

BatemanJohn.jpg
Next up is John Bateman. This is an upgrade from an index card.

ShipleyCraig.jpg
Craig Shipley. This one is an upgrade from a team postcard.

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
No additions today, but with Jose Urquidy appearing just before the All Star Break, he is now on my needs list.

He is also the only Houston Astros player with a last name starting in U that is still alive. The other three all died relatively young! Jim Umbricht died of cancer as an active player. Cecil Upshaw died of a heart attack in his 50s. Jose Uribe died in a tragic car accident.

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
Two upgrades. Both of these are customs that @jbhoffman designed a template for and I added the appropriate pictures and information. I am using these for guys that do not have any Astros/Colt .45s cards.

BalesLee.jpg
Lee Bales

DicksonJim.jpg
Jim Dickson

r2d2

Aug 24, 2008
Mexico City
No additions today, but with Jose Urquidy appearing just before the All Star Break, he is now on my needs list.

He is also the only Houston Astros player with a last name starting in U that is still alive. The other three all died relatively young! Jim Umbricht died of cancer as an active player. Cecil Upshaw died of a heart attack in his 50s. Jose Uribe died in a tragic car accident.

Need Urquidy badly. Sent him TTM to Minute Maid short after his debut but was sent down, I don't know if the Astros might have hold unto that letter.
As of today I am 129/130 with my Mexico collection.

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
Need Urquidy badly. Sent him TTM to Minute Maid short after his debut but was sent down, I don't know if the Astros might have hold unto that letter.
As of today I am 129/130 with my Mexico collection.

If Topps follows their pattern, he will be in next year's Stadium Club release.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts