Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Therion's All Time Astros Autograph Collection (977 Reached!! 17 To Go!)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
One new addition and two upgrades this week! I'm back below 25 needs.

RiveraLuis.jpeg
Luis Rivera

I was able to get this custom done in a consignment. A tough one knocked off the list.

RasmusColby.jpeg
Colby Rasmus upgrade. So much talent in someone so unwilling to persevere through tough runs.

MartinezFernando.jpeg
Fernando Martinez. Picked this up for $1.

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
I was pleased. Two more customs going out to private consignments. Hoping he can knock them off of the list for me!

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
Two new autographs in this week! Down to 22 needs until Opening Day!

GriffithsJeremy.jpg
Jeremy Griffiths

Not a tough autograph, but he only has Mets cards and doesn't sign TTM. So for now, I'll have this. Hopefully someone convinces him to do a signing and I'll get a custom done.

TuckerKyle.jpg
Kyle Tucker

His hype made these too expensive for what I was willing to pay. Got this one in a lot of 15 autos for $8.

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
It has been a busy couple of weeks with a three year old and Christmas! Four upgrades and one addition since I last posted.

First, the new guy.

FranciscoBen.jpg
Ben Francisco

He does not have any Astros cards, so this is a custom that was signed during the Winter Meetings. Thank goodness for SCN!

Now the four upgrades.

IvieMike.jpg
Mike Ivie

McLemoreMark.jpg
Mark McLemore (infielder, I believe this is his only Astros card)

TejadaMiguel2.jpg
Miguel Tejada

WilsonPreston.jpg
Preston Wilson (I also believe this to be his only Astros card)

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I wish I had the patience you seem to have for this project, specifically with regard to the upgrading part. Although I am damn close to all LA Dodgers, except a couple recent guys, I have often grabbed the first certified (when available, otherwise IP) auto I could find that looked good or was cheap enough and often these types of guys never actually appear on a Dodger card. I suppose I could try to go the custom route and would do so if it weren't for my extreme procrastination and/or laziness that seems to keep me from sending anything out through the mail and the fact that I have never tried to make one myself. I do enjoy seeing the updates from yours and other team autograph collections, as I know and experience the struggles as well.

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
I am just starting to dabble in customs. The upgrade aspect comes more from having so few guys left on my needs list and I don't want my house to explode with memorabilia!

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
Two additions this week!

MaybinCameron.jpeg

ThompsonRyan.jpeg
Ryan Thompson

I'm down to 18 needs! This will go back up once the season starts, but crazy to see my list so small.

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
One upgrade and one MAJOR addition this week.

First, my upgrade.

LopezWilton.jpg
Wilton Lopez

He is not crazy rare, but this is his only Astros card. I had a minor league card previously.

But the major pickup was a minor league card of a guy you have probably never heard of.

PowellBrian.jpg
Brian Powell

His career was not lengthy or particularly noteworthy, but in 2009 he committed suicide and the handful of people that had his autograph on items decided to into full on hostage mode. His Tigers rookies, which don't fall into my collection parameters, were the only items that people didn't lose their minds on. The two signed baseball owners were asking for $100-200. I negotiated with both of them, and they constantly referenced each other's unsold items as proof that they weren't asking crazy prices. I told both of them that my interest only existed until I found an item and then their market basically disappears. Fast forward to last week and I pick this up for $5. I hope they enjoy trying to sell those baseballs for the rest of their lives.

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
900th Astros autograph is one of the original Colt .45s! Also picked up two upgrades in consignments.

RanewMerritt.jpg
Merritt Ranew, 900th Astros autograph! This guy is downright tough. I'm just lucky he actually had a card with Houston, even if he's clearly wearing a Braves uniform.

PerezTomas.jpg
Tomas Perez, upgraded from a Minor League card.

JavierStan.jpg
Stan Javier, upgraded from an Index Card

Members online