Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Therion's All Time Astros Autograph Collection (977 Reached!! 17 To Go!)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
Two new additions and three upgrades this week!

AbreuBryan.jpg
Bryan Abreu

Ridiculous signature, right?

ChirinosRobinson.jpg
Robinson Chirinos

And three upgrades:

AfenirTroy.jpg
Troy Afenir

BrowneByron.jpg
Byron Browne

DavisTommy.jpg
Tommy Davis

This is a pretty rare signature to find on a card, so very happy with this one.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Are you saying that a 70T Davis is a tough find or just Davis on a card in general? I would have to check to see if I have a 70T, but I know I have most of his other cards signed and he has at least 1 certified card issued out there (non-licensed, but I think it states Los Angeles for the team).

I didn't check, but do you have Aaron Pointer on your custom design? He only has the one regular Topps card (67 high #). I did also grab a 67 Venezuelan card of him and got him to sign both at separate times TTM. He lives a short distance from me, in Tacoma, WA and has been a very resposive signer through the mail the two times I sent him a card. He has quite a storied history, which is what alerted me to his existance and the desire to get an autograph from him.

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
The 1970 Topps card is tough to find signed. He's not particularly tough otherwise.

As for Aaron Pointer, I haven't sent it out to him yet. He is on my list to resend to. His rookie card is with the Astros, but my copy is in the hands of Alonzo Harris hopefully to be returned on day! A really interesting factoid about Aaron Pointer is that he is the younger brother of the famous Pointer Sisters.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Yes, one of several interesting facts about him. I'm sure you know that he was one of the 9 rookies to be in a line up together for the Colt 45s. He also went on to become a NFL ref after his baseball career ended and my favorite, as of the last time I checked, he was the last professional baseball player to hit .400 in a full season.

The 1970 Topps card is tough to find signed. He's not particularly tough otherwise.

As for Aaron Pointer, I haven't sent it out to him yet. He is on my list to resend to. His rookie card is with the Astros, but my copy is in the hands of Alonzo Harris hopefully to be returned on day! A really interesting factoid about Aaron Pointer is that he is the younger brother of the famous Pointer Sisters.

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
Two upgrades in last week.

HoweArt.jpg
Art Howe

I actually had an autographed card of Art Howe already, but including Sparky was a no brainer.

McMurtryCraig.jpg
Craig McMurtry

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
One NEW addition and six upgrades, including a tough HOFer!

First, the new addition.

OliverDarren.jpg
Darren Oliver

And now the six upgrades. All of these are tough, but Eddie Mathews is the biggie.

CedenoCesar.jpg
Cesar Cedeno

LarsenDon.jpg
Don Larsen

MathewsEd.jpg
Eddie Mathews

RohdeDavid.jpg
Dave Rohde

SherryLarry.jpg
Larry Sherry

StewartJimmy.jpg
Jimmy Stewart

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I have that Eddie and probably noticed it at one time, but forgot. it is clearly a Braves uni and one of the classic Topps no hat photos in case they are traded. He also checks the Tigers box for collectors that next year as well. That one might even be an Astros uni shot...Don't miss that time when new updates were that hard to make happen.

s-l640.jpg

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
I have that Eddie and probably noticed it at one time, but forgot. it is clearly a Braves uni and one of the classic Topps no hat photos in case they are traded. He also checks the Tigers box for collectors that next year as well. That one might even be an Astros uni shot...Don't miss that time when new updates were that hard to make happen.

View attachment 95159

Yep, clearly a Braves uniform. He is in a Houston uniform for that pic, but they put him as a Tiger because that was one of the years that Topps did not have the rights to use the Astros name.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I was actually watching that McLane and liked the design and was going to try to win it. However, I didn't like the quality of the signature and after I researched him, I didn't feel as though his legacy was all that memorable for me and my collection, being a Dodgers fan and all. I also thought of you though, wondering if you had one or if you collected this type of signature. In the end, I opted not to bid at all. Glad it landed in your collection.
One upgrade and one non-player addition.

View attachment 95474
Cody Clark

View attachment 95475
Drayton McLane (former owner of the Astros)

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
I was actually watching that McLane and liked the design and was going to try to win it. However, I didn't like the quality of the signature and after I researched him, I didn't feel as though his legacy was all that memorable for me and my collection, being a Dodgers fan and all. I also thought of you though, wondering if you had one or if you collected this type of signature. In the end, I opted not to bid at all. Glad it landed in your collection.

The signature is pretty awful, but I've never seen this card before. I'm sure it isn't rare, but it was an easy add for me. I'm glad you didn't decide to bid against me!

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
Two in since my last update.

One is an upgrade of Darin Downs

DownsDarin.jpg

The other is a new addition, but is of a coach, not a player.

HillmanTrey.jpg
Trey Hillman

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
One update and three new Astros since I last updated. One of my new additions is HUGE for a completionist.

ColeGerrit.jpg
Gerrit Cole. Got it for a pretty decent price too.

FisherDerek.jpg
Derek Fisher. This is an upgrade from a Minor League card.

HernandezRunelvys.jpg
Runelvys Hernandez. While this may seem like the lamest of my pickups, it is huge. He played for a VERY short time after this card released and then moved to the Dominican Republic and does not have anything to do with anything baseball any more. This is his only Astros card. Crazy hard to find.

OsunaRoberto.jpg
Roberto Osuna. It's logoless and he's one of my least favorite Astros ever, but still a name off of the needs list.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I got a couple Astros/45s in a lot recently. Looks like you don't have cards for them posted. All of the signatures have slight flaws (smearing/skipping). Interested?

IMG_5493.jpg

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
Five additions since my last update, one new, three updates, and one oddball addition.

The new guy first.

ToroAbraham.jpg
Abraham Toro

Next, three updates.

CampbellJim.jpg
Jim Campbell

GainesJoe.jpg
Joe Gaines

TaussigDon.jpg
Don Taussig

And last, the oddball. An autographed card of a well known Astros fan.

WiggyHTown.jpg
H-Town Wiggy

Members online

No members online now.