User Tag List

Page 31 of 40 FirstFirst ... 21272829303132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: World Series (formerly ALDS/NLDS...)

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually, I'm just here for death's Sig.

Gotta wonder how much this game, despite his great Postseason, is gonna tarnish Kershaw's "legacy". I don't buy it, but I'm sure some will...
    Don't forget to use the FCB Link when buying on eBay!

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lost Angeles View Post
    Dumb Mario. You are truly ignorant. Please don't have any children, we don't need any more degenerate trailer trash like you.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Freedom Card Board mobile app
    Meh.

You’re going to have to be more clever than that to get a rise out of me.

Not even a decent attempt at trolling here.

Resident Yadier Molina, and Pro Wrestling super fan.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was fortunate enough to make the game last night . That stadium was about to explode . Amazing experience

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I NEED 1990s INSERTS AND PARALLELS OF A-ROD. THANKS
    My 1997 A-Rod most wanted
    1997 Donruss Preferred Staremasters Sample #1
    1997 Mariners Score Premier #3
    1997 Ultra Autographstix Emeralds #5

Any UNREDEEMED AUTO card from 1997

Featured Contributor
    Bridging the Gap
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This was the best game I've ever seen, in my nearly 30 years of following baseball. The twists and turns were un-freaking-real!
    Tanner Jones, Author of Confessions of a Baseball Card Addict - Now Available on Amazon!
    For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23 - Questions about this? PM ME!

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mouschi View Post
    This was the best game I've ever seen, in my nearly 30 years of following baseball. The twists and turns were un-freaking-real!
    2011. Game 6.

Greatest baseball game ever played.

Senior Member death2redemptions's Avatar
     ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cbrandtw View Post
    I was fortunate enough to make the game last night . That stadium was about to explode . Amazing experience

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm jealous.

Indeed, so many twists and turns, like a well done film. Expect the unexpected. For a moment there I was thinking Jose Altuve would peal off his face like in Mission Impossible, revealing that he was actually Tom Cruise!
    Look, I'm gonna be honest with you. I really need a job. And I will take any position, as long as it doesn't involve having sex with old ladies for money or bear traps. Those are my two bugaboos. While mulling over my resume feel free to check out my baseball card collection, it's small and simple, kinda like me - >>>>> https://s822.photobucket.com/user/JDf...ds%20n%20stuff

Featured Contributor
    Bridging the Gap
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by death2redemptions View Post
    I'm jealous.

Indeed, so many twists and turns, like a well done film. Expect the unexpected. For a moment there I was thinking Jose Altuve would peal off his face like in Mission Impossible, revealing that he was actually Tom Cruise!
    You have April in your signature! Fun fact, she narrated a grumpy cat christmas movie. She was .. purrrfect for it.
    Tanner Jones, Author of Confessions of a Baseball Card Addict - Now Available on Amazon!
    For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23 - Questions about this? PM ME!

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cbrandtw View Post
    Can't take that energy to Los Angeles so the Dodgers have a chance!

I wonder how many people died of natural causes/old age during the game.

Game was great but would have been more perfect with automated balls/strikes. The HP ump drove me nuts with all the pitches well off the zone being called strikes and especially strike threes and it was a constant commentary.

I did enjoy hearing part of MLB International's Matt Vasgersian's homer call while watching FOX on Puig's homer. I"m guessing their broadcast booths are next door to each other.

Senior Member death2redemptions's Avatar
     ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You have April in your signature! Fun fact, she narrated a grumpy cat christmas movie. She was .. purrrfect for it.
    April is indeed my favorite recreation!

I did not know that about the cat movie but I'm sure she did it to puuuurfection.

Quote Originally Posted by rsmath View Post
    Game was great but would have been more perfect with automated balls/strikes. The HP ump drove me nuts with all the pitches well off the zone being called strikes and especially strike threes and it was a constant commentary.
    I'm also rooting for them to implement some sort of automated balls/strikes system in the near future. I seem to be in the minority because most people disagree with me when I bring up my thoughts on the subject matter. Fans seem to like the "human element" aspect but in my mind, if there is technology available that can eliminate human error, we would only be perfecting the game. My least favorite part of baseball is having to sit through a game with an umpire like Angel Hernandez consistently getting the calls wrong, especially when it impacts the outcome. When the game is over, I'd like to think my team won or lost purely based on their performance, with some credit given to the instincts of our manager. I don't want the umpires having any part of it.
    Look, I'm gonna be honest with you. I really need a job. And I will take any position, as long as it doesn't involve having sex with old ladies for money or bear traps. Those are my two bugaboos. While mulling over my resume feel free to check out my baseball card collection, it's small and simple, kinda like me - >>>>> https://s822.photobucket.com/user/JDf...ds%20n%20stuff

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who’s this April?!

Featured Contributor
    The best players in history?
    Super Moderator
     Topnotchsy
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was really hoping this would be the World Series that helped Kershaw shed the status of failing in the big games.

Game last night was completely insane.

AstrosAtoZ
     AstrosAtoZ
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I threw myself to the floor in dramatic fashion three times yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does anyone know if there has been a WBC and a WS champion in the same year? I have a feeling if the Astros close it out, Alex Bregman will be the first or among very few to have done it.

AstrosAtoZ
     AstrosAtoZ
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rsmath View Post
    Does anyone know if there has been a WBC and a WS champion in the same year? I have a feeling if the Astros close it out, Alex Bregman will be the first or among very few to have done it.
    Don't forget the immortal Luke Gregerson!

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Therion View Post
    Don't forget the immortal Luke Gregerson!
    Obviously forgettable since I didn't remember him in my other post. Confirmed Luke and Alex would qualify if the Astros win the world series. I haven't done the research on previous WBC/WS seasons looking for a same-season champion.

If Dodgers win, no 2017 team USA members from Dodgers so there won't be a WBC/WS same-season champion.