Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Misprint Fleer 483

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Misprint card info

Oct 11, 2017
Hey I was going thru organizing my boyfriends card collections from when he was little and came across this card.. I know the misprints can be worth more and just looking for some info on it. The light by his glove is from my flash but if u notice the ball he is holding looks as if it's glowing and also on the Y is a white dot. Other than the misprint the card is in perfect condition. I'd appreciate any info you may have. I have done a lot of searching and can't find another card like this one.

Attachments

• IMG_20171011_084421.jpg
    IMG_20171011_084421.jpg
    185.7 KB · Views: 31

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
Nothing much here in my opinion, the fish eye is large and looks cool, but it's not a misprinting. As for the ball glowing, it's typical of the image to be under-contrasted and over-saturated, so it appears bright on all cards.

Mike-Young.jpg

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012
Cards with splotches like that typically don't bring a premium *unless* a flaw like that was done on a number of them, and is recognized. Then, it *can* bring a bit of a premium, but typically not much unless it is on a key card.

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
The printing die was dirty and the that's how the blotch by the Y got there. The press operator stopped the press, cleaned it and away they went. Chances are, a sheet or two with the blotch on it was sent on for cutting/collation. The rest were discarded.

Not really a premium for this sort of thing.

Fordman

Members online

No members online now.