User Tag List

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 154

Thread: BA's Organizational Top 10 Prospect Lists Thread (Today - Update)

  1. #16
    Senior Member Jaypers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    45,106
     cardboardconglomerate
     jaypers413
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    In BA's eyes, Crawford can do no wrong. That's 4 years in a row he's held the top slot.


    Philadelphia Phillies Top 10 Prospects

    1. J.P. Crawford, SS
    2. Sixto Sanchez, RHP
    3. Scott Kingery, 2B
    4. Adonis Medina, RHP
    5. Adam Haseley, OF
    6. Jojo Romero, LHP
    7. Jhailyn Ortiz, OF
    8. Jorge Alfaro, C
    9. Mickey Moniak, OF
    10. Franklyn Kilome, RHP

    http://www.baseballamerica.com/minor...Mij8MjarEZj.97
    J.P.

  2. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    The Riverlands.
    Posts
    6,432
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaypers View Post
    In BA's eyes, Crawford can do no wrong. That's 4 years in a row he's held the top slot.


    Philadelphia Phillies Top 10 Prospects

    1. J.P. Crawford, SS
    2. Sixto Sanchez, RHP
    3. Scott Kingery, 2B
    4. Adonis Medina, RHP
    5. Adam Haseley, OF
    6. Jojo Romero, LHP
    7. Jhailyn Ortiz, OF
    8. Jorge Alfaro, C
    9. Mickey Moniak, OF
    10. Franklyn Kilome, RHP



    http://www.baseballamerica.com/minor...Mij8MjarEZj.97
    Wow is this list way off from mine. Spoiler: When I post it, Crawford is not #1. I have Kingery, Sanchez and Crawford in my top 3.
    R.I.P. Harmon Clayton Killebrew June 29, 1936-May 17, 2011 You will surely be missed!

  3. #18
    Administrator phillyfan0417's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
    Posts
    37,009
     tse-investments
     phillyfan0417
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaypers View Post
    In BA's eyes, Crawford can do no wrong. That's 4 years in a row he's held the top slot.


    Philadelphia Phillies Top 10 Prospects

    1. J.P. Crawford, SS
    2. Sixto Sanchez, RHP
    3. Scott Kingery, 2B
    4. Adonis Medina, RHP
    5. Adam Haseley, OF
    6. Jojo Romero, LHP
    7. Jhailyn Ortiz, OF
    8. Jorge Alfaro, C
    9. Mickey Moniak, OF
    10. Franklyn Kilome, RHP

    http://www.baseballamerica.com/minor...Mij8MjarEZj.97
    To be fair...they did drop Crawford to 92 on their top 100.

    It's hard to ignore the numbers he put up after his putred first half.

    His slash line from 7/13 (post injury) to 9/4 was 287/385/513 with an 898 OPS
    "A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject."
    --Winston Churchill

  4. #19
    Senior Member Jaypers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    45,106
     cardboardconglomerate
     jaypers413
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyfan0417 View Post
    To be fair...they did drop Crawford to 92 on their top 100.

    It's hard to ignore the numbers he put up after his putred first half.

    His slash line from 7/13 (post injury) to 9/4 was 287/385/513 with an 898 OPS
    Despite Crawford's second half, I believe Sanchez and Kingery consistently had better overall years and deserved to rank above him. But we all know about BA's hard-on for premium position guys, led off by shortstops.
    J.P.

  5. #20
    Administrator phillyfan0417's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
    Posts
    37,009
     tse-investments
     phillyfan0417
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaypers View Post
    Despite Crawford's second half, I believe Sanchez and Kingery consistently had better overall years and deserved to rank above him. But we all know about BA's hard-on for premium position guys, led off by shortstops.
    I get Kingery but not really sure about Sanchez...he was good but he didn't exactly set the world on fire...I would say Adonis Medina is on par with sanchez.

    Either way it's a good problem to have.
    "A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject."
    --Winston Churchill

  6. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    The Riverlands.
    Posts
    6,432
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyfan0417 View Post
    I get Kingery but not really sure about Sanchez...he was good but he didn't exactly set the world on fire...I would say Adonis Medina is on par with sanchez.

    Either way it's a good problem to have.
    I've seen both Medina and Sanchez throw at Lakewood. Give me Sanchez over Medina any day.
    R.I.P. Harmon Clayton Killebrew June 29, 1936-May 17, 2011 You will surely be missed!

  7. #22
    Administrator phillyfan0417's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
    Posts
    37,009
     tse-investments
     phillyfan0417
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jbone17 View Post
    I've seen both Medina and Sanchez throw at Lakewood. Give me Sanchez over Medina any day.
    The numbers don't really support that...as I've said I don't think the eyeball test is really a good indicator of anything.

    Medina is earning to miss bats and has better secondary stuff right now. Pretty much every report on sanchez speaks to him getting by on velocity.
    "A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject."
    --Winston Churchill

  8. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    The Riverlands.
    Posts
    6,432
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyfan0417 View Post
    The numbers don't really support that...as I've said I don't think the eyeball test is really a good indicator of anything.

    Medina is earning to miss bats and has better secondary stuff right now. Pretty much every report on sanchez speaks to him getting by on velocity.
    Sanchez most definitely has a better change up than Medina. The latter does have a better breaking ball, to which Sanchez is lacking. I rank Sanchez higher based on his ceiling and more than just eye ball lol
    R.I.P. Harmon Clayton Killebrew June 29, 1936-May 17, 2011 You will surely be missed!

  9. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    The Riverlands.
    Posts
    6,432
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jbone17 View Post
    Sanchez most definitely has a better change up than Medina. The latter does have a better breaking ball, to which Sanchez is lacking. I rank Sanchez higher based on his ceiling and more than just eye ball lol
    From Baseball America's chat:

    Matt (Ca): Whatís Sixto Sanchezís ceiling as a pitcher?

    Ben Badler: Frontline starter. It's a very small group of pitching prospects in the game better than him.
    R.I.P. Harmon Clayton Killebrew June 29, 1936-May 17, 2011 You will surely be missed!

  10. #25
    Administrator phillyfan0417's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
    Posts
    37,009
     tse-investments
     phillyfan0417
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jbone17 View Post
    From Baseball America's chat:

    Matt (Ca): What’s Sixto Sanchez’s ceiling as a pitcher?

    Ben Badler: Frontline starter. It's a very small group of pitching prospects in the game better than him.
    This is what you typed. Just want to make sure we don't lose that in the conversation. You saw them throw and chose sixto sanchez.

    I've seen both Medina and Sanchez throw at Lakewood. Give me Sanchez over Medina any day.
    If you want to discuss ceiling that's fine but at this point the results are in the favor of Medina and he's closer to being ready to go up the ladder. Sanchez is currently a very plus fastball and the rest needs to develop. Medinas secondary stuff has come along.
    "A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject."
    --Winston Churchill

  11. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    The Riverlands.
    Posts
    6,432
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyfan0417 View Post
    This is what you typed. Just want to make sure we don't lose that in the conversation. You saw them throw and chose sixto sanchez.



    If you want to discuss ceiling that's fine but at this point the results are in the favor of Medina and he's closer to being ready to go up the ladder. Sanchez is currently a very plus fastball and the rest needs to develop. Medinas secondary stuff has come along.
    I did, but that is also based on other stats. Not just my personal observation alone. Sanchez walked less hitters, opponents had a lower batting average against, he threw for a lower WHIP, only allowed 2 long balls to Medina's 7, etc. The ball explodes out of Sanchez hand. It's easy gas, whereas Medina can locate it just a tad bit better at this juncture. Sanchez is the better prospect now and can be even better given his high ceiling.
    R.I.P. Harmon Clayton Killebrew June 29, 1936-May 17, 2011 You will surely be missed!

  12. #27
    Administrator phillyfan0417's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
    Posts
    37,009
     tse-investments
     phillyfan0417
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jbone17 View Post
    I did, but that is also based on other stats. Not just my personal observation alone. Sanchez walked less hitters, opponents had a lower batting average against, he threw for a lower WHIP, only allowed 2 long balls to Medina's 7, etc. The ball explodes out of Sanchez hand. It's easy gas, whereas Medina can locate it just a tad bit better at this juncture. Sanchez is the better prospect now and can be even better given his high ceiling.
    Fair enough...I generally like to see how players progress and as the season went on Medina seemed to improve while even with considerably less innings Sanchez went down slightly. Sanchez also saw his walks go up.

    Again...it's a good problem to have but I still don't think we can make any judgments on the very limited inning Sanchez pitches.
    "A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject."
    --Winston Churchill

  13. #28
    Senior Member Jaypers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    45,106
     cardboardconglomerate
     jaypers413
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Washington Nationals Top 10 Prospects

    1. Victor Robles, OF
    2. Juan Soto, OF
    3. Erick Fedde, RHP
    4. Carter Kieboom, SS
    5. Seth Romero, LHP
    6. Luis Garcia, 2B/SS
    7. Wil Crowe, RHP
    8. Daniel Johnson, OF
    9. Raudy Read, C
    10. Yasel Antuna, SS/3B

    http://www.baseballamerica.com/minor...rEp37fM72BA.97
    J.P.

  14. #29
    Administrator phillyfan0417's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
    Posts
    37,009
     tse-investments
     phillyfan0417
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Juan Soto at 2 is good to see.

    Even with a lost season.
    "A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject."
    --Winston Churchill

  15. #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    The Riverlands.
    Posts
    6,432
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaypers View Post
    Washington Nationals Top 10 Prospects

    1. Victor Robles, OF
    2. Juan Soto, OF
    3. Erick Fedde, RHP
    4. Carter Kieboom, SS
    5. Seth Romero, LHP
    6. Luis Garcia, 2B/SS
    7. Wil Crowe, RHP
    8. Daniel Johnson, OF
    9. Raudy Read, C
    10. Yasel Antuna, SS/3B

    http://www.baseballamerica.com/minor...rEp37fM72BA.97
    Really good to see Daniel Johnson on this list. Lots of raw power there.
    R.I.P. Harmon Clayton Killebrew June 29, 1936-May 17, 2011 You will surely be missed!

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •