Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Test your baseball player recognition skills (small sample size)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I have seen a few different Facebook games where they challenge you to guess who by showing you greats that just about everyone recognizes, plus they are almost always multiple choice.

I have been doing this for a while now. Every time I log onto baseball reference, there are 12 player photos in the top left. If you hover the cursor over the photo, it tells you who the player is. I assume we all see the same players and they seem to change daily, if not every couple of days at least.

Try your knowledge and see how many you get right. It is humbling. I got the 70s and 80s down pretty solid and maybe some of the newer players, but if it is black and white, I start to worry. It can be quite difficult. I seem to average 5-6 each time I remember to try. I got 6 today.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-10-23 at 5.32.53 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-10-23 at 5.32.53 PM.png
    213.6 KB · Views: 52

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
I'm the biggest collector on the planet of one of them. I know 2 others absolutely, 2 I'm pretty sure of, and almost no clue on the others. I am bad at this.

1998 SPx

Jun 11, 2014
Fun game! I've got a different set of players, though. I can't figure out how to cut and paste them onto here.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
I have seen a few different Facebook games where they challenge you to guess who by showing you greats that just about everyone recognizes, plus they are almost always multiple choice.

I have been doing this for a while now. Every time I log onto baseball reference, there are 12 player photos in the top left. If you hover the cursor over the photo, it tells you who the player is. I assume we all see the same players and they seem to change daily, if not every couple of days at least.

Try your knowledge and see how many you get right. It is humbling. I got the 70s and 80s down pretty solid and maybe some of the newer players, but if it is black and white, I start to worry. It can be quite difficult. I seem to average 5-6 each time I remember to try. I got 6 today.
Weiss, Prado, Howard, Torres, Oneil

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I either use snipping tool on a PC or I do a screen shot on my Mac.

I guess it seems to be different every time I log on! I only got 4 this time and missed a Dodger (I should be ashamed!!!).

Screen Shot 2017-10-24 at 2.17.10 PM.png

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
All my baseball card knowledge from my childhood helps me with the older players 70-80s and then into the 90s it starts to get harder unless they are better names. Going back in time, the 50s-60s are so-so, then it just gets downright hard and I have yet to get one of those turn of the century pics.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
First one I got andrus McBride moyer Howard cepeda O'Neill

Second is Davis rollins mullhallond koosman halladay Stewart

Third wetteland newcombe hamilton Bernie benes wilson

Sent from my SM-G950U using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Members online

Latest posts