Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Who would you trust to handle selling your collection after your untimely passing?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KLARNOLD

Sep 17, 2008
Owensboro, KY
Do you have a friend, family member, significant other who would know what to do with your collection after you die? Are your cards labeled so that someone would know exactly what card/variation/version it is or how rare it is? I am in the process of documenting my collection so that my family might know how to list items on ebay to sell.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
My wife knows my LCS guys. I hope they would give her a pretty fair deal but this is the biggest advantage of not messing with high end stuff. She could almost throw it all away 😂

Bring me your Bickford, Ryan McMahon, Senzatela and Peter Lambert cards

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I started to toss business cards into a box when I got items from larger sellers, some who deal in consignment. This is always a possibility, if needed. I suppose I may touch on the subject in the future with some sincerity. She talks about tossing it out or giving it away, but that would just be damn foolish. There is a lot of crap I own right now that takes up valuable space in our house and a lot of it is worth very little too anyone but me, but a little is worth quite a lot too!

I do have a collecting buddy that she is aware of and could reach out to for guidance if needed, as well. I hope to never put her or my kids in that position though, meaning I sell it off before I go or make other arrangements otherwise.

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
If they needed to sell my collection for some reason there are a couple guys that my wife knows she could reach out to and be treated fairly. I've done my best to build a duplicate set of everything though so that there is one collection there for each of my kids. My son is six and loves baseball cards. He has his own Stephen Piscotty collection on top of what we've collected together. My daughter is only two so who knows if she'll be interested but if not there's a nice collection that my wife could sell and my son would still have his half.

The only thing I haven't been able to really been able to double up on is the vintage Cardinals stuff I have and it could be moved pretty easily by either of the dealers I organized shows with in the past. Either one would probably buy it from her for a fair price, sight unseen, since they know most of what is there.

Last edited:

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
I think I've told my wife to come on here and let everyone know. My LCSes would both love my cards, but most of them are worth far more to individual player collectors than to a shop as a whole. They probably won't get the appeal of 2000+ Troy Glaus cards, but someone here would. Hopefully she'd get enough to keep our cats living in the manner to which they've become accustomed to

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
I think I've told my wife to come on here and let everyone know. My LCSes would both love my cards, but most of them are worth far more to individual player collectors than to a shop as a whole. They probably won't get the appeal of 2000+ Troy Glaus cards, but someone here would. Hopefully she'd get enough to keep our cats living in the manner to which they've become accustomed to

An odd jumping off point here but what card shops are near you? I've been to the pitchers mound, although it was years ago, what else does Rhody have going?

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
An odd jumping off point here but what card shops are near you? I've been to the pitchers mound, although it was years ago, what else does Rhody have going?

The Pitchers Mound is long gone, the owner died and the cards were sold off to whoever. Last time I was there was several years ago, and he was carrying around an oxygen tank, looked like he might drop at any time, I guess he did.

My primary is Baseball Cards of RI, in North Kingstown. I've been going there for years, even before my lengthy time away from collecting. Occasionally I'll go to Central Sports Cards in Pawtucket; the owner used to be one of the owners of JC's in Providence before they shut down a few years ago. There's a few others here and there but none that I bother with. I personally think this area is a huge dead zone for shops, besides those two, can't think of any good ones I've been to in a 75 mile radius.

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
750,000 sorted to teams and most in alpha order , sadly most are junk years . I've started to donate lots to local elementary schools , sell bulk and stars on bay and you can find me at local minor league stadium . Gave away 4000 + at a school at their Halloween party and plan on same thing at another school for Christmas , give boxes to teachers of Allen Ginter non sports . I have at this time one SUPER FAN of a college team- special needs young man .So I send him cards and looking into another .
I sold 168 cards of one player to a collector here so if you need someone LMK . Now if team is on bottom of 20 /3200 counts might take a day or five . My $$$ are kept apart from others

sbib

Aug 17, 2008
I have a feeling mine would be mostly thrown away - takes up too much space and would likely be gone quick - my buddy would step in and pick out the good stuff and help unload first though

KLARNOLD

Sep 17, 2008
Owensboro, KY
Here is a tip for any of you that might need to put a label on a card holder so that someone knows what it is: When you leave ebay feedback for a card, say something like "Nice 2002 Topps Albert Pujols #160 Correct Photo." Later on you can go look at your Feedback left for others or Feedback as a buyer, click the link at bottom of page to display Items per page to adjust to 25 50 100 200 and print off your feedback with card description so that you can cut them out and tape to the card holder.

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
Guess my son. I have the high dollar cards on a spreadsheet with BV and have started listing what I paid for the card next to it (in the past year).

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
I have thought about this many times. I've thought about putting BowmanChromeAddict or Jaypers' info on top of my card boxes for the wife to contact them (through FB) should I pass. Not too many people I trust in this hobby.

Thankfully, I'm selling most of it off right now.

linuxabuser

Jan 16, 2011
On a somewhat related note - Get Your **** Together - https://www.gyst.com/

As for cards, I plan to put a price (at least the price I paid) on the Excel spreadsheets I have. That way if my wife goes to sell them, she won't get ripped off.

If she died, I'd be pretty lost as far has her autographed book collection is concerned.

Members online