Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Official FAKE AF Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Image captures are best, I would assume. Eventually eBay links or even links to photo hosting sites become inoperable or broken and if there were pictures from an eBay listing, those seem to disappear after a while too.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
Albert pujols Ichiro bowman originals.
31289a263693eb39acbf6322c3cf0ddb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

forgerelli

Apr 4, 2013
FAKE Mariano Rivera autos and the scumbags selling them. I have more than 700 Mariano auto's and I'd consider myself the biggest expert on his stuff out there (including PSA, Beckett, SGC, etc.). I'll post the one's I'm 100% sure of and I'm not afraid to name names when I'm 100% sure. Maybe someone searching ebay usernames will find this thread and we'll save someone from getting ripped off.

s-l1600.jpg

2010 A&G Day in History. Sold by mrbutton87

2.jpg

2000 Fleer Tradition Sold by tmc23

3.jpg

Index card with a Global cert (they will cert anything). Sold by bobvv2008

4.jpg

Ball. Global cert. Love the extra letters they added. Sold by everythingbaseball

5.jpg

Timeless Treasures card. Laughably bad. alyana2008

6.jpg

Photo. I doubt this moron even looked at a real signature first. z-wall

7.jpg

Helmet. ottofield

8.jpg

Ball. capt.steve

9.jpg

Helmet. retepcg

10.jpg

Pinnacle card. trevus.u6wqwppel

11.jpg

Hat. randyzcc

12.jpg

Black baseball. This Piece of filth put a PSA sticker on it, it's still fake. patricbeatric4

This last one I saw a while back. Only one I've seen slabbed by PSA that is a definite fake.

mariano-rivera-psadna-signed_1_d51804398a31be7d4e3177fe660c3288.jpg

There's one slabbed by SGC and JSA that I'm pretty sure is fake on ebay right now. I'm 90% sure it's fake but not 100% so I'll leave it alone. I did email the seller asking where he got it and never got a response.

If any of the sellers have an issue with me saying they are selling fakes take me to court. Please.

Scott F

forgerelli

Apr 4, 2013
I’m loving the ***** slaps from forgerelli.

Once in a while I get a bug up my butt when I see a bunch of really bad fakes and send some messages through ebay. You should see what I say in those. Funny though, I've never been reported by any of them.

I have no sympathy for these pieces of human filth. I was ripped off as a kid on a Dimaggio/Mantle/Williams photo.

Scott F

kryslarry

May 19, 2010
Nor-Cal
I love the idea of this thread. One I will be following for sure! Be cool if it was a sticky at the top of the forums. Great resource for the uneducated like me on everything else not Henderson!

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
What was the set 10ish years ago with all those crazy fake patches?? That was a big deal back in the day, many Beckett threads trying to prove the guy knew... I wonder if they caught the main scammer. :confused:

forgerelli

Apr 4, 2013
I've been meaning to do this for a while so I'm glad the thread was started. Those are all the fake Mo's I could find on ebay, I'm sure there are more I missed. I will update whenever I see a new one pop up so it gets immortalized in the thread, photo and POS seller.

Scott F

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I can't or won't speak specifically to the seller's reputation, as I really don't know the person, but I have bought a number of cheaper more common autos from this seller. Nothing stood out as looking funny. Perhaps he got a bad one in a lot along the way? On the opposite side of this type of seller situation, I was a fairly frequent buyer of cheap autos from another reseller who claimed to buy for their collection and sell dupes. This person posted a Mariners prospect auto for $2 and misidentified the player who had signed. Turned out the signature was that of elusive criminal Byron McLaughlin! I was pretty happy with that score.

FAKE Mariano Rivera autos and the scumbags selling them. I have more than 700 Mariano auto's and I'd consider myself the biggest expert on his stuff out there (including PSA, Beckett, SGC, etc.). I'll post the one's I'm 100% sure of and I'm not afraid to name names when I'm 100% sure. Maybe someone searching ebay usernames will find this thread and we'll save someone from getting ripped off.

View attachment 74455

2000 Fleer Tradition Sold by tmc23

Scott F

forgerelli

Apr 4, 2013
Decided to look at sold listings and found a bunch more:

1.jpg

2008 Upper Deck. Sold by card_crazy

2.jpg

Ball. Global cert. Sold by devildogtreasurehunters

3.jpg

2014 A&G. Joke. Sold by the_card_man49

4.jpg

Photo/plaque. Sold by totaltreasures.online

5.jpg

2005 Turkey Red. Sold by vac57

6.jpg

2011 Topps. Sold by repeat scumbag trevus.u6wqwppel

7.jpg

Photo. Sold by angelalu88

8.jpg

Ball. This garbage actually got good money for this. I'll assume the Jeter is also fake. Sold by gendittbrende_0

9.jpg

2004 Cracker Jack. Sold by skytrooper1504

10.jpg

Ball. Sold by sigpi286_2

11.jpg

Ball. Sold by us-guarr

12.jpg

2014 Classic. Sold by human turd benjamindoring116

13.jpg

Ball. Another global cert. Sold by shufixer

14.jpg

Ball. This a-hole put a JSA cert with their still fake auto. Sold by disneycolector

15.jpg

Ball. Love how ridiculously shaky this is. Sold by mingguanj-0

16.jpg

2001 Fleer Platinum. Sold by heisman*collector

17.jpg

Photo. ACE cert, which was actually banned by ebay. Sold by 90feetaway

18.jpg

Hat. SIG auctions cert. These scumbags are pumping these out. See below. Sold by robandlesliestreasures8

19.jpg

Hat. Another SIG auctions cert. Sold by pa2para

20.jpg

Hat. Sold by triplegreen

Their mothers must be so proud of them.

Scott F

Last edited:

forgerelli

Apr 4, 2013
I can't or won't speak specifically to the seller's reputation, as I really don't know the person, but I have bought a number of cheaper more common autos from this seller. Nothing stood out as looking funny. Perhaps he got a bad one in a lot along the way? On the opposite side of this type of seller situation, I was a fairly frequent buyer of cheap autos from another reseller who claimed to buy for their collection and sell dupes. This person posted a Mariners prospect auto for $2 and misidentified the player who had signed. Turned out the signature was that of elusive criminal Byron McLaughlin! I was pretty happy with that score.

I understand what you're saying, people do make mistakes. However, if he sells autos he should know better on a player like Mariano. That is an obvious fake.

Scott F

Members online