Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

GIANCARLO STANTON TRADED TO YANKEES FOR CASTRO/GUZMAN/DEVERS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
+1
One has to wonder if the second half Judge is what you will see in ‘18. Low Avg-lots of K’s and HR’s.

Even during his "slump" he was still hitting the ever loving snot out of the ball. He'll never hit .330 with that K rate but I don't think he's going to be Chris Davis either.

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
I just don’t know, man.

I keep hearing differing opinion about both guys.

Yelich has the more well rounded base to work from and a much more stable floor. I prefer MLB players with 4-5 average to above average tools to someone like Ozuna who has one well above average tool, a couple average tools and a couple below average ones.

I wouldn't be heartbroken if they got Ozuna. He's an upgrade to Fowler and the current iterations of Piscotty and Grichuk. I'd be ecstatic if they manage to get Yelich.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
I watched a lot of the Stanton stuff today, and I was extremely surprised at how open he was. It’s not something you normally see from professional athletes.

I don’t know who his agent is, but I have to imagine while a lot of these interviews were happening today there were several people cringing hearing some of the stuff he was saying. I liked hearing what he had to say about the Marlins and other teams, but man, I could see several unfavorable articles written about some of the stuff he said.

I do feel bad for Stanton being put in a situation where the Marlins were going to teams that weren’t on his list, and throwing that on his plate. There will be some Cardinals and Giants fans who are upset at Stanton now, and they 100% should not be, because none of this is Stanton’s fault. It’s the Marlins fault.

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
I watched a lot of the Stanton stuff today, and I was extremely surprised at how open he was. It’s not something you normally see from professional athletes.

I don’t know who his agent is, but I have to imagine while a lot of these interviews were happening today there were several people cringing hearing some of the stuff he was saying. I liked hearing what he had to say about the Marlins and other teams, but man, I could see several unfavorable articles written about some of the stuff he said.

I do feel bad for Stanton being put in a situation where the Marlins were going to teams that weren’t on his list, and throwing that on his plate. There will be some Cardinals and Giants fans who are upset at Stanton now, and they 100% should not be, because none of this is Stanton’s fault. It’s the Marlins fault.

It really isn't either's "fault". Stanton never gave an ultimatum list. The Marlins had to try to get the best deal possible for them within the framework of the NTC. The Cards and Giants both knew there was a good chance he was going to turn them down no matter what so it was still a good faith negotiation all the way around. Any Cards fans who get mad at Stanton are likely the same ones who think Eric Hosmer is a much better player than Matt Carpenter so meh.

bmp1971

Jun 8, 2010
New Hampshire
I had a nightmare Stanton and Judge were teammates and destroying teams.

When I woke up I realized it was the day after the trade and the nightmare was real life. Scary.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
It really isn't either's "fault". Stanton never gave an ultimatum list. The Marlins had to try to get the best deal possible for them within the framework of the NTC. The Cards and Giants both knew there was a good chance he was going to turn them down no matter what so it was still a good faith negotiation all the way around. Any Cards fans who get mad at Stanton are likely the same ones who think Eric Hosmer is a much better player than Matt Carpenter so meh.

Stanton flat out said during his press conference today that he gave the Marlins a list of four teams he would wave his no-trade clause before they went out and made deals with the Giants and Cardinals.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
They SHOULD have Scherzer right now, and if they weren’t so cheap at the time they could have had him. He clearly wanted to sign here.

So which starter would you have traded to make room for Scherzer in 2015? And did you predict Wainwright tearing his ACL in a fluke incident batting?

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
If the yanks win the world series they should give Jeter a ring.

Why? It’s not like he wanted to trade Stanton to the Yankees when he had better offers from 2 other teams. When Stanton had all the power there isn’t much Jeter could do about it. If I were the Marlins GM that would be the last no trade clause I would give.

Members online