Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What would you do?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
If anyone reads my Mets autographs thread, you’d have seen that I got an Amed Rosario autograph that came through the mail damaged.
4b8e2b83c88d2ab48038671faa35031d.jpg

4906f98f14041cd41d4dbf6d56ec5f24.jpg

The seller is being great and working with me. He checked for other Rosario autos but said he doesn’t have anything comparable. I got what I think was a good deal on this card, and he is offering a refund, or these two cards instead. (And I’m not sure what he wants me to do with the damaged Rosario)
7ce2edf42c6836e9ad72d182158291c7.jpg

What would you do (if you were me, a Mets autograph collector)? I don’t have either of these guys, but I do try to stick to guys who have made the majors. But I’m not sure if the refund is worth it...

So, do I take the refund or the two other cards?

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
I'd keep the Rosario and look for another one to replace it personally, assuming you're not into it for a ton.

It isn't quite as nice (not #'d) but I have a 2016 Bowman's Best Best of '16 auto that is for sale.

Last edited:

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
Depends on whether he wants the Rosario back. If he doesn't, I'd add the two additional cards to my collection.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
I'd take all my Mets cards and throw them in a garbage can. Buttttt if I were you I'd ask for a partial refund and just keep the Rosario since you PC instead of flip

Bring me your Bickford, Ryan McMahon, Senzatela and Peter Lambert cards

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
I’d return for a refund and keep looking. It’s damaged which would annoy me and the other two cards don’t fit your project. Get your money back and keep looking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

psj

Jul 24, 2015
Long Island
I know when I get a damaged card, it kills me. Every time i look at the card, my eyes are automatically drawn to the damage, and I start thinking about it. I'd either get a refund, and look for another Rosario, or take the 2 autos, but still look for another Rosario. Give the damaged Rosario to another Mets fan who doesn't mind

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
Well, I emailed the guy and essentially said, if I keep the Rosario, I’ll take the other two, but if he wants the Rosario back then I’ll just do a full refund....and haven’t heard back in a bit....

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
I would have simply requested a refund and sent him back the Rosario.

Even if it's a card of a player I PC (opposed to an investment card) I simply can't keep noticeably damaged cards in my collection. Something about it just bothers me too much, probably because I'm very OCD when it comes to my collection. I can deal with some scratched surfaces and a flimsy corner but cards that are bent (like your Rosario) or horrifically off-centered just create too much chaos in this obsessive brain of mine.

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
Without knowing dollar amounts, it’s hard to say. Condition rarely matters to me, but with a new card and a sticker auto, I’d definitely want to replace it. Under $15-$20, I’d take the two autos. Over, I’d get a refund.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Members online