Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Say hello to my new baby :)

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gt2590 View Post
    Great pick up man, enjoy!

Even from a die hard Carlton fan, still gotta admit he was the best LHP ever.

One of my first baseball books was his autobiography, got me hooked...
    Most definitely! Guess I'll have to make that required reading!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    Awesome! I'd take a signed vintage card over a modern one any day. That's a beauty.
    Thanks! I was looking at plenty of newer ones, but this one simply won out. Also, the price of newer ones were firm as hell. Most of them were up for 500 BIN's with no OBO.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Enfuego79 View Post
    She’s mighty Perty!!

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app
    Thanks!

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sweet clean card. Congrats!

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You would think that Koufax prices would come down a bit. He has signed a lot of cards over the last decade, but I suppose mostly in much smaller quantities than most players. Still, it is not a hard auto to find, but still very strongly priced in general.

I have a few autos and one certified but was really holding out hope of getting a 56T signed, but I think that ship has sailed. Even if he did a signing where you could send it items, the prices would be prohibitive, that I am certain.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrmopar View Post
    You would think that Koufax prices would come down a bit. He has signed a lot of cards over the last decade, but I suppose mostly in much smaller quantities than most players. Still, it is not a hard auto to find, but still very strongly priced in general.

I have a few autos and one certified but was really holding out hope of getting a 56T signed, but I think that ship has sailed. Even if he did a signing where you could send it items, the prices would be prohibitive, that I am certain.

That's what I found throughout my search which spanned hours a day for several days. Most of his autos began to surface between 2011- present. There were plenty of autos to be had, but the sellers were bullish on price. I kept seeing By It Now's for north of 400 and no best offer option.

The signed vintage were crazily priced, especially his 1955-58 cards. By It Now's on those were anywhere from $499-$2999. During my search, I wanted to meet certain criteria. 1.) Clean signature. 2.) Card is in good condition. 3.) It comes with a reputable certification. 4.) Maintains future value.

In terms of pricing, the last credible information that I found on a signing was $395 per item. I'm sure that varies depending on card, ball, photo, inscriptions (if allowed), specialty item, etc. I was looking for a signed ball at first, but most were either poorly toned or the authentication seemed suspect. I moved onto photos and those were even more suspect. I really liked the Perez-Steele graphs, but most of the autos skipped or streaked.

I finally found this one and it hit every criteria. I couldn't be happier! It's my first signed vintage card and it might not be my last!!
    R.I.P. Harmon Clayton Killebrew June 29, 1936-May 17, 2011 You will surely be missed!

Bwoodcollector
     @anthonyscorona
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Way cooler than any modern Koufax auto. From his playing days makes it way better IMHO. Sweet addition

Sent from my [device_name] using Freedom Card Board mobile app
    Please note: Card collecting is my hobby, not my life. I don't take it that serious and like to keep it fun.

broth6
     yowhatupbroth
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Amazing card! Doesn't seem like a bad price, either.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12