Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Sano could be in hot water

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
Im not saying its true or not but why wait years to say something. She should of called for help after or got the cops to see her wrists were hurt or any marks. or maybe even video from the store...

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
I'm not dismissing the seriousness of Sano's actions, but I doubt it. Aroldis Chapman got 30 games and he returned from the suspension just fine. I'd be more worried about Sano's physical health than anything else.

Chapman was before all this really blew up and it wasn't sexual assault. Doesn't make him any less of an ******* but if he had done what he did last week I think the backlash would have been much more severe.

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
Im not saying its true or not but why wait years to say something. She should of called for help after or got the cops to see her wrists were hurt or any marks. or maybe even video from the store...

A lot of victims of assault/rape/aggression often take time to tell their stories. This could be due to memory suppression (longterm serious abuse), the feeling of guilt for putting themselves in the position, shame, distress from the attack that makes them have anxiety and panic attacks from discussing it or it could be just fear of retribution. This woman could have simply been afraid she would be fired or blackballed for "saying something"

I'm not judging this particular situation as I have not read alot about it- but I do believe most/many victims that come forward years later and I would never dismiss a person of assault who did take their time to tell their story.

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
The only item I find surprising is where she says she was sore for days for the fight she put up. I have no details about her at all but my first thought when she wrote that she fought him off is that Sano is a reallllly big dude, if he was being that aggressive and rough he could force most people into going where he wanted. I'm not saying I don't believe her, unfortunately it seems like a very believable situation, that part just struck me as odd.

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
A lot of victims of assault/rape/aggression often take time to tell their stories. This could be due to memory suppression (longterm serious abuse), the feeling of guilt for putting themselves in the position, shame, distress from the attack that makes them have anxiety and panic attacks from discussing it or it could be just fear of retribution. This woman could have simply been afraid she would be fired or blackballed for "saying something"

I'm not judging this particular situation as I have not read alot about it- but I do believe most/many victims that come forward years later and I would never dismiss a person of assault who did take their time to tell their story.

Most definitely. During sexual assaults, women go into a stage that's known as freeze fright, where their fight or flight instinct kicks in. Their recollection of events become skewed, post assault. Also, women don't report them because of stigma. They're constantly thinking about how society is going to view them, even if they were the victim. Given that Sano is a well-known baseball player, this woman could have felt that no one would believe her. Yes, all circumstances surrounding sexual assaults are different which is why it's important to look at them solely on the merit of the claims, as opposed to adopting the destructive universal attitude.

Members online