User Tag List

Thread: Sano could be in hot water

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sano could be in hot water

R.I.P. Harmon Clayton Killebrew June 29, 1936-May 17, 2011 You will surely be missed!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whether it is true or not his career is ruined now.
    I PC Jeff Frye, Ozzie Smith, Jeff Bagwell, and Matt Holiday. Working on 2006-2018 Allen & Ginter sets
    https://jefffryecollection.wordpress.com - My collection website with galleries and want lists

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WizardofOz1982 View Post
    Whether it is true or not his career is ruined now.
    I'm not dismissing the seriousness of Sano's actions, but I doubt it. Aroldis Chapman got 30 games and he returned from the suspension just fine. I'd be more worried about Sano's physical health than anything else.
    R.I.P. Harmon Clayton Killebrew June 29, 1936-May 17, 2011 You will surely be missed!

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im not saying its true or not but why wait years to say something. She should of called for help after or got the cops to see her wrists were hurt or any marks. or maybe even video from the store...
    I collect Ken Griffey Jr, Ryan Howard, Steve Carlton and the rest of the Phillies.
    My Site:
    http://bradswebsite.synthasite.com/

Matthew 21:22
    "And all things, whatsoever you shall ask in prayer, believing, you shall recieve."

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jbone17 View Post
    I'm not dismissing the seriousness of Sano's actions, but I doubt it. Aroldis Chapman got 30 games and he returned from the suspension just fine. I'd be more worried about Sano's physical health than anything else.
    Chapman was before all this really blew up and it wasn't sexual assault. Doesn't make him any less of an asshole but if he had done what he did last week I think the backlash would have been much more severe.
    I PC Jeff Frye, Ozzie Smith, Jeff Bagwell, and Matt Holiday. Working on 2006-2018 Allen & Ginter sets
    https://jefffryecollection.wordpress.com - My collection website with galleries and want lists

Bwoodcollector
     @anthonyscorona
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Omg seeing some of the responses is sickening. NOT HERE! But on BO and Twitter. Maybe having a wife, daughter and sisters distorts my views on this kinda stuff

Sent from my [device_name] using Freedom Card Board mobile app
    Please note: Card collecting is my hobby, not my life. I don't take it that serious and like to keep it fun.

Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bongo870 View Post
    Im not saying its true or not but why wait years to say something. She should of called for help after or got the cops to see her wrists were hurt or any marks. or maybe even video from the store...
    A lot of victims of assault/rape/aggression often take time to tell their stories. This could be due to memory suppression (longterm serious abuse), the feeling of guilt for putting themselves in the position, shame, distress from the attack that makes them have anxiety and panic attacks from discussing it or it could be just fear of retribution. This woman could have simply been afraid she would be fired or blackballed for "saying something"

I'm not judging this particular situation as I have not read alot about it- but I do believe most/many victims that come forward years later and I would never dismiss a person of assault who did take their time to tell their story.

Kyouk20
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only item I find surprising is where she says she was sore for days for the fight she put up. I have no details about her at all but my first thought when she wrote that she fought him off is that Sano is a reallllly big dude, if he was being that aggressive and rough he could force most people into going where he wanted. I'm not saying I don't believe her, unfortunately it seems like a very believable situation, that part just struck me as odd.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancemountain View Post
    A lot of victims of assault/rape/aggression often take time to tell their stories. This could be due to memory suppression (longterm serious abuse), the feeling of guilt for putting themselves in the position, shame, distress from the attack that makes them have anxiety and panic attacks from discussing it or it could be just fear of retribution. This woman could have simply been afraid she would be fired or blackballed for "saying something"

I'm not judging this particular situation as I have not read alot about it- but I do believe most/many victims that come forward years later and I would never dismiss a person of assault who did take their time to tell their story.
    Most definitely. During sexual assaults, women go into a stage that's known as freeze fright, where their fight or flight instinct kicks in. Their recollection of events become skewed, post assault. Also, women don't report them because of stigma. They're constantly thinking about how society is going to view them, even if they were the victim. Given that Sano is a well-known baseball player, this woman could have felt that no one would believe her. Yes, all circumstances surrounding sexual assaults are different which is why it's important to look at them solely on the merit of the claims, as opposed to adopting the destructive universal attitude.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    douche·bag
    ˈdo͞oSHbaɡ/
    North American informal
    an obnoxious or contemptible person (typically used of a man).