Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Can I force a chrome card into a regular sized top loader?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gjb70

Aug 1, 2015
That's a good question, I'd like to hear what others say. Guy at an LCS I go to said it's fine, and will help take the bow out of Chrome cards too. I wonder about autographed chrome cards too...

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

psj

Jul 24, 2015
Long Island
Of course u can. There barely thicker than a normal paper card, and fit fine in regular 35pt. toploaders. As with any card, use a penny sleeve though

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
Of course u can. There barely thicker than a normal paper card, and fit fine in regular 35pt. toploaders. As with any card, use a penny sleeve though

The autograph cards & color refractors from Bowman Draft are actually twice as thick as chrome and the regular refractors this year. I have the regular ultra pro 3X4 regular top loaders (the thinnest or 2nd thinnest available. Doesn't mention the pt on the boxes) and I was still able to fit them in there but it took a lot of pounding against the table to get them in there and occasionally the edges of the sleeve would get messed up in the process.

Gjb70

Aug 1, 2015
The autograph cards & color refractors from Bowman Draft are actually twice as thick as chrome and the regular refractors this year. I have the regular ultra pro 3X4 regular top loaders (the thinnest or 2nd thinnest available. Doesn't mention the pt on the boxes) and I was still able to fit them in there but it took a lot of pounding against the table to get them in there and occasionally the edges of the sleeve would get messed up in the process.

Any concern with autos in a tight fit like that?

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

johnryno

Mar 23, 2017
Country Club of Maryland
giphy-downsized-large.gif

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Any concern with autos in a tight fit like that?

I would be concerned. If you are pressing the auto surface ink to the penny sleeve with a lot of force, I figure the ink eventually will leach to the penny sleeve (just like if you press tightly a paper-based card to a penny sleeve over a long time, there is a chance to bond the paper to the penny sleeve so you get surface loss when you remove a card from that penny sleeve).

If Bowman draft autos/color parallels are indeed slightly thicker than your normal chrome base card, I'd put it in a slightly thicker toploader than try to cram it into a standard thin toploader.

Members online