Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

New Year Night Crew Ep. 2018-01

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
I guess it goes back to my point on inconstancy of the voters . . .

Jim Edmonds "I vote NO... not good enough offense and defense doesn't matter"

Andruw Jones "I vote NO ... not good enough offense and defense doesn't matter"

Edgar Martinez "I vote. . (wait for it) . . . .. . NO... dude should have kept playing the hot corner with a lazy eye, DEFENSE MATTERS" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
Based on what criteria?

He probably deserves it based on his overallnumbers, but I despise the concept of the designated hitter and I don’t think ‘position’ players who only play half the game should exist in the first place. I think the DH cheapens the game, and I hate that it’s pdobably going to come to the NL.

Play the field or don’t play at all.

Someone asks about my thoughts on closers earlier. That’s comparing apples to oranges. If someone wants to complain about closers, then they have to complain about starters and middle relievers too.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
I was just reading the HOF thread, and I would like to say that since there’s a luxury tax for teams spending too much, then there should definitely be a number that every team definitely has to spend on players each year.

These teams intentionally tanking for several years to become good in the future should not be allowed.

The Cubs, the Astros, several other teams. It’s ridiculous.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
I was just reading the HOF thread, and I would like to say that since there’s a luxury tax for teams spending too much, then there should definitely be a number that every team definitely has to spend on players each year.

These teams intentionally tanking for several years to become good in the future should not be allowed.

The Cubs, the Astros, several other teams. It’s ridiculous.

They might just be tanking for profits, but will be getting the benefit of the doubt that they're tanking for the future since it worked well for them before..... but those were VERY flukey WS teams. I wonder if their W/L can get lower than the Tigers a few years back.

Did you see the megafight announced, Stipe vs Cormier? niiiiice :cool:

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
They might just be tanking for profits, but will be getting the benefit of the doubt that they're tanking for the future since it worked well for them before..... but those were VERY flukey WS teams. I wonder if their W/L can get lower than the Tigers a few years back.

Did you see the megafight announced, Stipe vs Cormier? niiiiice :cool:

Yeah. I like it.

I said several several years ago that Jon Jones would be the first person to win the HW and LHW title, and it’s very ironic that it may end up being Daniel Cornier who actually does it.

I hope DC wins. I like Stipe, but you know, f*ck Jon Jones.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
I predict after a bad crack binge Jon Jones becomes the first fighter to win titles at the 205 and 145 weight classes. ;)

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
He probably deserves it based on his overallnumbers, but I despise the concept of the designated hitter and I don’t think ‘position’ players who only play half the game should exist in the first place. I think the DH cheapens the game, and I hate that it’s pdobably going to come to the NL.

Play the field or don’t play at all.

Someone asks about my thoughts on closers earlier. That’s comparing apples to oranges. If someone wants to complain about closers, then they have to complain about starters and middle relievers too.

I posted the DH/closer comparison because I also hate the DH rule and I think it should go away. While a closer is not a perfect comparison I'm not sure it's that dissimilar. Closers only pitch one inning...mostly, they won't pitch in a loss or a big win...for the most part. Very specific conditions. I don't think closers should be excluded from the hall but I think they overshadow relief pitchers as a whole. Relief is almost as important as starting in today's game and in my mind just because they get a save doesn't make them more valuable than a middle reliever.
It was a question based on both positions specific set of rules and conditions

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
Hey guys. Hope all is well. Been a cold breezy day here. Had HazMat class tonight so I'm pooped. Couple that with having to open the store this morning and my butt is dragging. Did go by and visit the LCS today. Cracked a couple boxes of Limited Football and Draft baseball. Fun stuff but nothing major I think. How is everyone tonight?

linuxabuser

Jan 16, 2011
Hola. Things are chill here. Watched the State of the Union. Markedly different from the tone of the inauguration speech. The moon seems extra bright here tonight.

Members online