Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Night Crew Feb 2018

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
I will go with Mike Trout as well. Between Trout, Judge, Stanton, Altuve its going to be fun races the next few years, especially if Harper comes over.

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
I don't think Altuve will have as successful a season as he did last year. The pressure to repeat willl slow them down some. As far as Judge and Stanton....I think they will have decent seasons. I think Judge will still hit 30 homers and Stanton will be closer to 40. Judge will have high strikeouts again and won't have as many RBI's or walks as last year. Those two will draw spotlight away from each other. With Trout healthy, I see a big year from him.

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
I think judge and Stanton, if both stay relatively healthy, hurt each other's chances. If pitching can get the Angels into the playoffs, or at least fighting for a spot it's hard to imagine trout isn't the best player they have and the favorite to win. Altuve will probably hit .325 but I think some of the other guys like Correa, Springer and bregman take the lime light off of him. The only name I'd give serious consideration too that hasn't been mentioned is my homer pick MOOKIE!!! regardless of who else the Sox might sign or trade for I think Betts will be their best player.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Yeah I tend to agree. 2 big stars on a team could split attention . . . btw I think Sanchez will continue to be the real value guy on that team. As for Judge I concur the Ks will be way up and the walks down but I cant see the HR being only 30, I mean lets be honest that is a little league park and he is the hulk. A 30 HR seaon would probably mean under .200 ba and a complete disaster at the plate. Giancarlo = Mr. Glass and could be a risk of getting hurt, I would project that at 40% or so.

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
Ya know, as much as I don't like to root for Boston, I think Betts could be a serious contender. He's been the most consistent on the team over the last few years. If they can figure out their shortcomings, they could be very dangerous and he would lead the charge. Ya know, it'll probably be someone like Cano or some shi t like Lance Berkman that will win it this year.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
My pick for most underrated/value player (who will never win MVP but be awesome) is Kevin Kiermaier.

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
If Lance berkman wins I will be so impressed I'll stop all current collections and focus exclusively on the big puma or whatever the hell they called him.
Kiermaier is wicked fun to watch, every rays fan has got to love that guy.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
If Lance berkman wins I will be so impressed I'll stop all current collections and focus exclusively on the big puma or whatever the hell they called him.
Kiermaier is wicked fun to watch, every rays fan has got to love that guy.

:lol: I had to reread his post many times trying to see if I missed something, been a little sick so taking lots of cough medicine, but picking a guy who was retired = epic dark horse pick. ;)

As for Kiermaier, thats the guy the Mariners really should have gone after. That trade package should have worked, and you get a legit CF. Instead they get a shakey 2b who "probably can play CF since hes fast" ::facepalm:: also doesn't walk which was GMs main goal.

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
Its just like in "the office" when Kevin is talking about odds and says "if John mellancamp ever wins an Oscar, I am going to be a very rich man.". That is my thought on berkman winning 2018 MVP, bet low on the long shot and win big.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Betting on Matthew McConaughey years ago would have probably given bigger odds than John Mellancamp or anyone else :lol: Idk how that fcker did it....

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
As for my goals this baseball season, its definitely to sell off some cardboard and condense. (I've known this for a bit but I believe selling in offseason is a fools bet) The other goal is to finally get to a game for the first time in years and catch a ball (the true goal) Mariners have high offense and no pitching so its a good season to try it. Years ago my friend caught one at a game (off his testicles so Im not too jealous) :lol:

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
I'm cutting back this year. I'm going to be more choosey with my wax purchases. I'm resisting the urge to break 2018 Topps. So far I've seen some brutal breaks. I think I"m gonna dodge it this year. I might save up for a case of something later on in the year.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
What are your thoughts on Evan White?

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

I'm not sure yet, I haven't seen much of him but the few things I know. . . .

1.AquaSox hat is one of the coolest Milb logos, I really should get one.
2.Drafting a 1st baseman was necessary. Vogelbach is a fatty boomalatty for D and nobody else is long term.
3.Bats R Throws L is kind of sad. Throwing is unchangeable but you lose some positions if you are born L, but at least you get to bat L then, which is just plain better. Idk what happened to this guy in little league. :confused:
4.Good defensive player, this was one of the few times where the "build a better D team" wasn't smoke and lies.

Members online

Latest posts