Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Night Crew Feb 2018

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
I have contracted the plague. Thats new. Anyways, made some decent pickups via trade this week. Its really fun to sit down with someone and haggle over cards. But now that I'm sick as h*ll, no trade days for a bit. I think trading is becoming a lost art of the hobby. All too often, its just "how much do you wanna pay for this or that?" instead of swapping cards. I think it takes skill and practice to be able to be a good trader. Just my two cents.

Yeah, I have done very very few trades, and most were 15+ years ago. I guess the hobby has become more hyperspecialized in terms of what people collect so its hard to have what people need. (for me at least, I guess you break a good mix of products so maybe you do)

Did you ever check out my list? If you let me know what teams you like I will sort it down smaller.

The plague is indeed bad this year, its seems to double back and never go away :( I don't have the symptoms anymore but just feel a bit weak still.

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
I browsed the list. I am still figuring out which direction I want to go. I am a little picky when it comes to single cards. LOL. I will let ya know when I have my mind made up. LOL.

And yes, you are right. It is very tough to have something for everyone. I try to open the mor popular products so I can trade but it is so hard. Most guys don't want to turn anything loose unless they are going to make a huge profit off of it. I will trade up for a card just because it may hold special value for me ex...the way it looks or if it is a low print run. I'm not that hung up on value so much anymore.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
I browsed the list. I am still figuring out which direction I want to go. I am a little picky when it comes to single cards. LOL. I will let ya know when I have my mind made up. LOL.

And yes, you are right. It is very tough to have something for everyone. I try to open the mor popular products so I can trade but it is so hard. Most guys don't want to turn anything loose unless they are going to make a huge profit off of it. I will trade up for a card just because it may hold special value for me ex...the way it looks or if it is a low print run. I'm not that hung up on value so much anymore.

Ok the only reason I asked is I assumed you forgot. . . because I forgot completely of over a week. :eek:

I am getting more that way as well (caring less about value) in fact one of my favorite pieces is the Pinnacle Inside can of Manny Ramirez I have next to me here. Not only is it funny because it was a bizarre crap product but Manny is shown FIELDING on the can which somehow cracks me up each time I think about it. :lol: (I guess the main plus is that it holds pens though)

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
I hear ya on that. I picked up some 1993 Topps Black gold winner cards the other day as well as a 1992 Leaf Gold Rookies David Nied and a 1991 Leaf Gold Rookie of Todd Van Poppel. Iconic cards back in the day. I'm focusing on cards that brought great memories for me in the hobby over the years. Not so much about the value anymore but the true appeal for the cards at the time they were made.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Ah good ol' Todd :)

My fave baseball game back in the day used stats of the 01 season to determine player skill, so TVP is a good pitcher to me! :p (his only season that wasn't complete garbage 2.52 ERA)

I realized today (due to reading he was hurt from being too fat) that I might have a card of Dan Vogelbach from his first chrome set in a parallel. I need to find it considering seeing fat people attempt pro sports is similar to seeing Manny field. ;)

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
Lanning, how do you like working for Lowes?

My friends wife just got hired.

Well, if you want my honest opinion, I will give it to you.

I've been with the company now for almost 10 years. I really enjoy my job. I enjoy helping the customers that come to see me every day. Is it challenging with the implementation of new policies and procedures? Absolutely. But are those changes necessary? Yes they are. The hours are ok and the benefits are great. It's an inside job in a conditioned building so you don't necessarily have to be outside unless you're in lawn and garden. I would recommend someone join our team.

What position was she hired on as?

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
Well, if you want my honest opinion, I will give it to you.

I've been with the company now for almost 10 years. I really enjoy my job. I enjoy helping the customers that come to see me every day. Is it challenging with the implementation of new policies and procedures? Absolutely. But are those changes necessary? Yes they are. The hours are ok and the benefits are great. It's an inside job in a conditioned building so you don't necessarily have to be outside unless you're in lawn and garden. I would recommend someone join our team.

What position was she hired on as?

I believe as a cashier. Said she’s starting out under $12 an hour but over $11. Can’t remember exactly. I was more curious about the benifit side of things. I was told they were pretty good.

Not sure how long she’s going to have the job though, a Menards is being built near the Lowes and will open soon. Many think it’s going to have a huge impact on Lowes business.

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
Benefits are decent bud. I can't complain. If she is a seasonal part time employee, she may not have such great benefits but starting at over 11 an hour is SOLID. My benefits package is pretty nice. But I'm full time. And yes, Menards might put a hurting on Lowe's.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
Benefits are decent bud. I can't complain. If she is a seasonal part time employee, she may not have such great benefits but starting at over 11 an hour is SOLID. My benefits package is pretty nice. But I'm full time. And yes, Menards might put a hurting on Lowe's.

She’s stupid though. She could have got a job where I work making more than double of what she’ll make at Lowes, and probably better benefits.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Haven't been in a Mendards in forever but I recall Lowes being far superior.

Seeing as you guys aren't in the Ohtani Injury group, care to handicap my chances? :cool:

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
If you have enough beers and squint hard enough they look like Cardinals, considering the red jerseys+ Pujols ;)

That would be the team I'd go see this year if I go to a game, not because of Ohtani but because of Mike Trout. (never seen in person)

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
If you have enough beers and squint hard enough they look like Cardinals, considering the red jerseys+ Pujols ;)

That would be the team I'd go see this year if I go to a game, not because of Ohtani but because of Mike Trout. (never seen in person)

What state do you live in? Who’s your local team?

Maybe the Angels will come this year?

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Yeah, the guy roids for more power then does a defensive 2 strike stance to single but strikes out anyways due to that bat being too far away .... :lol: man I love that guy.

Now that roids are gone the HGH is the best weapon in town, nobody can convince me that Trout/Harpers skull growth post puberty is in the realm of nature.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
It still amazes me that Bret was in the booth when Aaron hit his big home run.

I mean, what are the odds?

Yep he seemed very annoyed at it too :lol: those two are super competitive against each other. Must have been a hard WS for Bret to watch, one team with his brother in it and the other a team that won less than the Mariners yet made the playoffs.

Members online

Latest posts