Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

BUSTING BOXES- WEEK OF 12/11/2023 MULTIPLE 2021 Topps Chrome Platinum Anniversary baseball

WHICH BOX TO BREAK 9/5-9/7 ??

• 1998 FINEST SERIES 1

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • 2000 FLEER TRADITION

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • 2002 UPPER DECK 40-MAN

Votes: 4 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
I'll get to that box above folks this week first I gotta break some new arrivals. Finally have extended time off after 2 years of constant work

OK so a cardboard buddy who I've assisted in his pursuits decided to surprise me with some boxes to break
Was told I could keep everything and sub what I wanted- he wanted to thank me for helping guide his hobby investment "spending" the last few years. Think that was translation for " made big bucks listening and wanted to share the wealth"- maybe ?!?

Anyways, I don't do hoop or football, and maybe he wants to drag me into that world. I'll listen is all I can promise
Unopened guys- hide your eyes. Never seen a box that wasn't screaming to be broke post-1980
He sent a whole mix of stuff. Will be very interesting at least and frankly a welcome relief to all the scanning & selling I've had to do for healthcare expenses

Up first is going to be some 2013 football boxes he mailed. These I am aware of having busted some for another hobby friend back then. Press Pass is always nice as the autos are on card, have colors, and some guys only signed a few items or had short pro careers
Also- a lot of college football players signed whose pro careers were- ahem- "short"

First up will be 2013 PRESS PASS GAME DAY GALLERY
Box pics below . When it comes in a pack I'll show off a pack

I have quite a few boxes to go thru so I may do one every couple of days for a few weeks
I took this whole week off to get ready for holiday season = which I needed time off to keep my sanity
Short staffing at work will do that to a person

full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
RESULTS ARE BELOW

STEPFAN TAYLOR RED / BLUE INK # 23/50 ( Stanford RB)
TAVARES KING SILVER / BLUE INK #132/149 (Georgie WR)
DION JORDAN RED / RED INK # 08/50 (Oregon Ducks DE)
KEENAN ALLEN GOLD / BLUE INK # 83/99 ( California and Chargers WR)

Will scan when I can

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Pics from the break figure I'll get the scanning out of the way
Too much to do this week while I am off

full.jpg
full.jpg

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
So next box I'm breaking that was sent to me was 2013 PRESS PASS SHOWCASE FOOTBALL
This one looks cool as its supposedly an 'all hits" box from that time

The Breakdown of the box contents is below. Big hits at the time were Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin III, Matt Barkley etc etc etc. Supposedly it included only the "best" prospects. I can say that De'Andre Hopkins, Cordarelle Patterson, Geno Smith, Le'Veon Bell, and Zach Ertz didn't turn out too badly either !! Some long careers on those 5 so far

Boxes had the following :

1 Pack Per Box, 7 Cards Per Pack
Six On-Card Autographs Per Box
One Game-Used Jersey Card Per Box
Find Andrew Luck and Robert Griffin III Cut Signature Cards

Pics below of the box
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
PULLS ARE BELOW IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER

KENYON BARNER SHOWCASE #135/199
MONTE BALL SHOWCASE RED INK # 29/150 ( first 100 were blue ink last 50 in Red)
TERRANCE WILLIAMS SHOWCASE GOLD # 13/99
DAMONTRE MOORE SHOWCASE GOLD # 63/99
TYLER BRAY SHOWCASE GOLD/RED INK # 56/99 ( first 89 were blue ink only 10 were Red Ink)
TYLER WILSON END ZONE AUTOGRAPH # 07/50

And boy do I wish I'd have broken this back when he was red hot selling

ROBERT GRIFFIN III GAMEDAY THREADS GOLD # 12/25

Will post pics when I can

Ct Sox Fan

Aug 20, 2008
Connecticut
Good to see you back, opening boxes. The site has been extremely slow these days. Don't recognize many of the names, but that Keenan Allen might be your best hit. He is most likely a HOF caliber WR. Look forward to see what else you are opening!

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
PICS OF THE PULLS
==============

Forgive my re-use of older holders but not paying newer prices until I use ALL my older plastic holders
Wayne = yeah Keenan Allen was the best pull in the first box and RG3 in this one

full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
I have so much backlogged projects its not funny Kevin
Was almost caught up until another cardboard bro sent these thank you boxes !!
I'll get my bro to mail me another box of stuff soon as I get that 2002 LRS box busted and extras mailed to the Team Collectors group

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
OK so I'm about to attack the first box of Hoop stuff my hobby friend sent me - 2020-21 Select Basketball ( Megabox 4/8 config)
This box apparently has some hot Lamelo Ball stuff along with Green/White/Red Prizm inserts and a rookie a pack
I've also been advised to look for Silver Prizms and the usual superstars. Been told I can keep and sub stuff he'll guide me on what to do. Has 8 packs with 4 cards each inside. I do know some hoop players (somewhat) but couldn't tell you who is hot right now and who is not rookie wise

So the set up apparently is three levels total. It is Blue in color for the base issue ( hopefully I read the box right)

Concourse , which is the base set and lowest level
Premier Level , sorta midrange importance and a harder to pull ,
Courtside which is the highest level and most desired pull

So each of those levels has various inserts of value, colors , etc

One thing that intrigues me is I see it has Select Numbers in it. This reminds me of 1998 Select baseball which I love
I saw a few breakers pulls and its exactly like that set although the base items have a matted dull finish
So I may decide later this year to partake in some boxes I buy with my own money
I'm gonna blame him,Mark, and several other hobbyists (including @blurryface on CU) for bringing me over to the dark side ( what I call anything not baseball)
They keep posting this stuff and anytime it tickles a certain nerve, I might decide to pay attention to it

Box pictures as always
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
I am guessing what these Prizms "might " be called
I'll post pictures when I can later on in the day = maybe somebody can help a brother out who is a Hoop newbie !!
Posting this now but I'll scan in 2-3 hrs after I run pre planned errands and do pickups that are time sensitive

PACK 1
=======
JAMES HARDEN CONCOURSE BLUE # 12
DENI AVDIJA ROOKIE CONCOURSE # 69
DEVONTE GRAHAM RED/WHITE/GREEN PRIZM COURTSIDE # 241
LAMELO BALL SELECT NUMBERS #1

Lamelo doesn't show anything unusual so I'll presume its a base special insert (?!?)
The Graham is a Courtside so I guess that's a good thing also !

PACK 2
=========
GIANNIS ANTENTOKOUNPO CONCOURSE # 54
PAYTON PRITCHARD ROOKIE PREMIER LEVEL # 196
TYRESE MAXEY RED/WHITE/GREEN PRIZM CONCOURSE # 81
DUNCAN ROBINSON SILVER PRIZM CONCOURSE #30

No idea if Mr Robinson there is any good all I remember on the Heat this year was hearing about "Bam Bam "

PACK 3
=======
JALEN SMITH ROOKIE CONCOURSE # 70
ISAAC OKORO PREMIER LEVEL ROOKIE # 182
BOGDAN BOGDANOVIC RED/WHITE/GREEN PRIZM CONCOURSE # 50
BOGDAN BOGDANOVIC PRIZM CONCOURSE # 50

OK so two rookies, which make no sense, and two same player different types?
Would be great if it was I dunno- Luka lol ?!!? Least it was a Premier Level

PACK 4
========
DONOVAN MITCHELL CONCOURSE # 27
JUSUF NURKIC CONCOURSE # 51
BAM ADEBAYO RED/WHITE/GREEN PRIZM CONCOURSE # 8
DAVIS BERTANS RED/WHITE/GREEN PRIZM CONCOURSE #28

Two guys I know about and two I have no clue about
And those RWG Prizms are confusing as the interior color is mixed on all these

PACK 5
======
MITCHELL ROBINSON CONCOURSE #9
MATISSE THYBULLE PREMIER LEVEL #139
TIM HARDAWAY JR RED/ WHITE /GREEN PRIZM PREMIER LEVEL #128
ONYEKA OKONGWU ROOKIE PRIZM CONCOURSE #66

Another Premier Prizm that's good

PACK 6
=======
KILLIAN HAYES ROOKIE CONCOURSE #67
MARVIN BAGLEY III CONCOURSE # 25
ONYEKA OKONGWU ROOKIE RED/ WHITE /GREEN CONCOURSE PRIZM #66
PRECIOUS ACHIUWA ROOKIE SELECTIONS # 15

PACK 7
=====
ZEKE NNAJI ROOKIE CONCOURSE #82
PRECIOUS ACHIUWA COURTSIDE #281
DAMIAN LILLARD RED/ WHITE /GREEN PRIZM CONCOURSE # 24
LUKA DONCIC PREMIER LEVEL PRIZM # 150

Um-- seems to be a decent pack that one aye ?? Luka is all blue and a Prizm- kinda cool- Dallas colors !
Another Courtside and not sure if that guys any good- aNyone with a hoop clue ?

PACK 8
=========
RUSSELL WESTBROOK CONCOURSE # 39
CASSIUS WINSTON ROOKIE CONCOURSE # 96
PATRICK WILLIAMS RED/ WHITE /GREEN PREMIER LEVEL PRIZM # 185
BAM ADEBAYO CONCOURSE PRIZM # 8

Not a bad break will post the scans later tonite. Enjoyed that box !!

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Tomorrow gonna break open and crack this box he sent- looks like 2020/21 PANINI REVOLUTION BASKETBALL in the Chinese New Year 12 packs/5 cards a pack insertion configuration ( honestly I would not know what other configs they come in= this is me guessing)

I'll scan more of the box tomorrow this is a quick scan of one portion. Woke up to take meds sleeping another couple hrs before work.

I know Zion and Ja will be here- I'll have to look up what else might be inside and teach myself :cautious:
full.jpg

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
OK finally gonna break this 2020/21 PANINI REVOLUTION box !! Packed 5 cards a pack and 12 packs to the box
Big insert is the New Years Day stuff, big rookie is apparently Anthony Edwards

Box pics as always below. Contains Ja Morant and Zion Williamson and others as well should be interesting
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg