cardboardconglomerate
     jaypers413
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Post J.D. Martinez Signs a 5-Year $110M Deal With the Red Sox

Jon Morosi @jonmorosi
    J.D. Martinezís deal is $110 million over 5 years, sources say. Contract is front-loaded prior to opt-out.
    J.P.

Senior Member death2redemptions's Avatar
     ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NOOOOOOOOOO00000000000oooooooooooo!

I never actually thought the D-Backs had a legit shot at keeping him but now that it's official, I'm a sad panda.

Whatever happened to all those rumors and Boras asking prices in the $150-$200 million range? lol
    Look, I'm gonna be honest with you. I really need a job. And I will take any position, as long as it doesn't involve having sex with old ladies for money or bear traps. Those are my two bugaboos. While mulling over my resume feel free to check out my baseball card collection, it's small and simple, kinda like me - >>>>> http://s822.photobucket.com/user/JDf...ds%20n%20stuff

cardboardconglomerate
     jaypers413
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by death2redemptions View Post

I never actually thought the D-Backs had a legit shot at keeping him but now that it's official, I'm a sad panda.

Whatever happened to all those rumors and Boras asking prices in the $150-$200 million range? lol
    Good news - here's your consolation prize.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2018/...rod-dyson.html
    J.P.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hahahah yes! Good luck Sox. Glad they wasted their money on him.
    Scanned cards: https://goo.gl/9QaZll Updated 9/2/18

2011 Topps Heritage Red/Blue/Green Tints - 82% Complete
    2010 Topps Allen & Ginter NNO - 88/350 | 2010 Topps Allen & Ginter Bazooka Back - 64/350

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good news from Steve Gilbert at least: "#Dbacks not necessarily done looking for outfield help. Were going to sign Dyson regardless of what happened with J.D. Martinez."

Not that I don't like Dyson as a 4th outfielder, but would like a little more oomph in the lineup to cover for Jake Lamb's annual second-half slump.
    I collect all cards of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
    Especially interested in: Brandon Webb, Paul Goldschmidt, Daniel Hudson, Luis Gonzalez, Jay Bell, A.J. Pollock, Steve Finley, David Peralta, Zack Godley, Stephen Drew
    TO COME SOON - My D-backs Collection

Kyouk20
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by linuxabuser View Post
    Hahahah yes! Good luck Sox. Glad they wasted their money on him.
    With the right expectations I think it's fine. They won the division without him. I don't expect him to play 150 games. I don't even know if he will be there all 5 years but he can add 30 homers and aid a few win streaks between DL stints...im in.

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by death2redemptions View Post

You can be upset about it, but mentioning anything about any "panda" in a BoSox FA thread is just below the belt level wrong...
    Don't forget to use the FCB Link when buying on eBay!

Senior Member death2redemptions's Avatar
     ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nkdbacks View Post
    Good news from Steve Gilbert at least: "#Dbacks not necessarily done looking for outfield help. Were going to sign Dyson regardless of what happened with J.D. Martinez."

Not that I don't like Dyson as a 4th outfielder, but would like a little more oomph in the lineup to cover for Jake Lamb's annual second-half slump.
    Behold the Lamb of God become a sacrificial Lamb in the second half. It's the one thing you can count on every D-Backs season.

Quote Originally Posted by gt2590 View Post
    You can be upset about it, but mentioning anything about any "panda" in a BoSox FA thread is just below the belt level wrong...
    Interestingly enough giant pandas became herbivores and completely switched their diet to bamboo 2.4 million years ago. BoSox's Panda must not have gotten the message.
    Look, I'm gonna be honest with you. I really need a job. And I will take any position, as long as it doesn't involve having sex with old ladies for money or bear traps. Those are my two bugaboos. While mulling over my resume feel free to check out my baseball card collection, it's small and simple, kinda like me - >>>>> http://s822.photobucket.com/user/JDf...ds%20n%20stuff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good deal for both sides. Boston didn’t have to pay a lot and if JD keeps hitting for the next two years he can opt out after making 50 million already.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let the games begin!

Thoroughly excited now for the lineup potential this year. Look out NY! Gonna be some seriously siiiiiiiick games this year between Yanks-BoSox.

I wish I still had this orange I hit (in a half case of hobby break), but do have the red. And a big bcp/rc lot.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	JD.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	98.1 KB 
ID:	77474 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MARTINEZ.RED.REF.5.16BC.NS.jpg 
Size:	305.7 KB 
ID:	77475

On another note, I also wish I had still had this orange Gamel auto I hit on release day in loose hobby box #1:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gamel.orange.au.ns.jpg 
Size:	95.0 KB 
ID:	77476
    Last edited by bmp1971; 02-19-2018 at 10:42 PM.
    WTTF/WTB: Looking for Red Sox cards I don't have of players from modern Bowman products. Always open to trade!