User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Who is the "Clubhouse Leader" for your favorite team?

Bwoodcollector
     @anthonyscorona
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gt2590 View Post
    For the A's?

TBD?
    Ray Fosse

Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk
    Please note: Card collecting is my hobby, not my life. I don't take it that serious and like to keep it fun.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Votto....because everyone else in that locker room is a replacement level player.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Senior Member death2redemptions's Avatar
     ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gt2590 View Post
    For the A's?

TBD?
    What about the Rays?
    Look, I'm gonna be honest with you. I really need a job. And I will take any position, as long as it doesn't involve having sex with old ladies for money or bear traps. Those are my two bugaboos. While mulling over my resume feel free to check out my baseball card collection, it's small and simple, kinda like me - >>>>> https://s822.photobucket.com/user/JDf...ds%20n%20stuff

Xeo2099
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letch77 View Post
    It used to be Hosmer, but now I'd say that Duffy is the leader in the clubhouse....maybe Gordon.
    Salvy? Or is he too much of a jokester.

Sent from my [device_name] using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CollectingCutch View Post
    I'm a Pirates fan too and sadly I think our clubhouse leaders will fall on Cervelli and Freese, which I think both are not good for the culture of the team. The face of a franchise should NEVER be traded for a middle reliever.

I think Cole Tucker will be the face of the franchise and clubhouse leader in 2 years and get the team back to a winning way, but the next 2 years may be reminiscent of the 2010 season.

What issues do you have with Freese?

For the Cardinals it's Waino and Yadi. Management will want to say it's Matheny but that's a joke. In coming years it'll be Yadi and probably Carlos Martinez.
    I PC Jeff Frye, Ozzie Smith, Jeff Bagwell, and Matt Holiday. Working on 2006-2018 Allen & Ginter sets
    https://jefffryecollection.wordpress.com - My collection website with galleries and want lists

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WizardofOz1982 View Post

For the Cardinals it's Waino and Yadi. Management will want to say it's Matheny but that's a joke. In coming years it'll be Yadi and probably Carlos Martinez.
    Did you miss the interview he gave the other day about how this team doesn't have "winning in the air" and how he doesn't like all the sabremetrics and advanced stats? I like Freese as a ballplayer, but if he's going to be a leader he should be trying to uplift the spirit of team, not bring it down.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdammt View Post
    Salvy? Or is he too much of a jokester.

Yeah, I think Salvy jokes around too much to be taken seriously if he's fired up (or mad).

Senior Member death2redemptions's Avatar
     ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by death2redemptions View Post
    What about the Rays?
    And the answer is.....Carlos Gomez!
    Look, I'm gonna be honest with you. I really need a job. And I will take any position, as long as it doesn't involve having sex with old ladies for money or bear traps. Those are my two bugaboos. While mulling over my resume feel free to check out my baseball card collection, it's small and simple, kinda like me - >>>>> https://s822.photobucket.com/user/JDf...ds%20n%20stuff

dsj51
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gardner or CC for the Yankees

rwongdestiny
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    toss up between Altuve and Springer. Likely both

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WizardofOz1982 View Post

I’m very interested to see how the next three seasons play out between Matheny and Molina. There has already been turmoil with Yadi calling out Matheny on Instagram for Mike saying Yadi was tired.

The fans will ALWAYS side with Molina over Matheny in my opinion, and that could make Mike’s job very difficult, especially is Yadi falls off the proverbial cliff in a year and a half and Matheny wants to start playing Carson Kelly more. Yadi could say some things and the fans could turn on Mike real quick. A lot of fans love Mike, but come on, Yadi vs Mike? The winner will be Yadi every day of the week and twice on Sunday in my opinion, whether he’s right or wrong.

Resident Yadier Molina, and Pro Wrestling super fan.

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you miss the interview he gave the other day about how this team doesn't have "winning in the air" and how he doesn't like all the sabremetrics and advanced stats? I like Freese as a ballplayer, but if he's going to be a leader he should be trying to uplift the spirit of team, not bring it down.

Is Freese wrong though?

Is telling th truth a bad thing? Should he just go around lying so he doesn’t hurt anyone’s feelings?

Resident Yadier Molina, and Pro Wrestling super fan.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't miss the comments. I thought they were appropriate. Sometimes what a leader has to do is give you the kick in the teeth you need. That's how I took his comments about not having a winning attitude. They've traded the face of their franchise and someone has to get them jump started now. Sometimes a hard look at where you are at is what is needed.

I must have missed where he said he doesn't like sabremetrics, or perhaps it was in a different article than what I read. In the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette article I read he said something like "the Pirates are keeping up on all the analytical stuff and that's working but the team lacks urgency". That's not condemning analytics by any stretch. His whole point was that the atmosphere in the clubhouse has lost it's competitive fire.
    I PC Jeff Frye, Ozzie Smith, Jeff Bagwell, and Matt Holiday. Working on 2006-2018 Allen & Ginter sets
    https://jefffryecollection.wordpress.com - My collection website with galleries and want lists

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
    I’m very interested to see how the next three seasons play out between Matheny and Molina. There has already been turmoil with Yadi calling out Matheny on Instagram for Mike saying Yadi was tired.

The fans will ALWAYS side with Molina over Matheny in my opinion, and that could make Mike’s job very difficult, especially is Yadi falls off the proverbial cliff in a year and a half and Matheny wants to start playing Carson Kelly more. Yadi could say some things and the fans could turn on Mike real quick. A lot of fans love Mike, but come on, Yadi vs Mike? The winner will be Yadi every day of the week and twice on Sunday in my opinion, whether he’s right or wrong.
    I don't know. There are still a lot of older Cardinals fans that think Yadi is a punk with his neck tattoos and his cap turned backwards. Matheny has been the worst manager in baseball, by a good margin, the last three years and there are still tons of fans defending him. He's cost the Cardinals between 4 and 7 wins annually the last three years but if you polled most fans they'd say the players and Mo/Front Office are the problem.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’d have to imagine Brett Gardner is. He’s been there for quite awhile and seems to have an even temperament.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast