Nick Solak to the Rays.
    J.P.

cardboardconglomerate
     jaypers413
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    More to it - Lefty Anthony Banda is also a part of this deal. He's going to the Rays.
    J.P.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    currently buying all the $2 drury topps chrome autos on ebay i can get lol, likely will be their opening day 2nd baseman

cardboardconglomerate
     jaypers413
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The complete deal -

Rays - acquire Anthony Banda and Nick Solak + 2 PTBNL from AZ
    Yankees - acquire Brandon Drury
    DBacks - acquire Steven Souza and Taylor Widener
    J.P.

Bwoodcollector
     @anthonyscorona
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankees48 View Post
    currently buying all the $2 drury topps chrome autos on ebay i can get lol, likely will be their opening day 2nd baseman
    Hopefully Gleyber GOAT is

Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk
    Please note: Card collecting is my hobby, not my life. I don't take it that serious and like to keep it fun.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If the Ray's want to reduce payroll, why don't they just trade all the starters for 100 k each and field the local high school team. I can't wait to read the local paper in the morning. And they want a new stadium? Let them MOVE! I can't wait for interleague play.
    I can see the Marlins come to the Trop and they draw less than 1000 people. They are both going to SUCK!

Senior Member death2redemptions's Avatar
     ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey! You mean to tell me my Drury collection is worth more than $10 now?!?? Maybe I can sell them off without taking a loss!

Regarding the actual trade, it hurts a little losing Drury because I know it's only a matter of time until he breaks out...not like superstar status but potential All-Star...however, I like Souza and playing in the desert heat at our bandbox he could end up hitting 35-40 bombs. He'll never hit for average and strike out often but he should provide above average defense, steal 15-20 bases, hit some jacks and hopefully the uptick in his OBP will remain or continue to improve. Souza was a late bloomer so I really don't know if his 4+ WAR 2017 season will become the norm or if it was just a fluke but I'm excited to find out. Pollock, Peralta & Souza sounds like an exciting outfield. Sure, I would have preferred J.D. but going with Souza saves us over $100 million so you know...
    Look, I'm gonna be honest with you. I really need a job. And I will take any position, as long as it doesn't involve having sex with old ladies for money or bear traps. Those are my two bugaboos. While mulling over my resume feel free to check out my baseball card collection, it's small and simple, kinda like me - >>>>> https://s822.photobucket.com/user/JDf...ds%20n%20stuff

ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nosterbor View Post
    If the Ray's want to reduce payroll, why don't they just trade all the starters for 100 k each and field the local high school team. I can't wait to read the local paper in the morning. And they want a new stadium? Let them MOVE! I can't wait for interleague play.
    I can see the Marlins come to the Trop and they draw less than 1000 people. They are both going to SUCK!
    Wha??? Are you telling me you don't think Banda, Span, Arroyo, Palacios & Cron will draw in crowds from all over the world?? A couple of those guys were All-Stars (in the minors)!!!

40k in the crowd...all day, every day...even when they don't play.
    Look, I'm gonna be honest with you. I really need a job. And I will take any position, as long as it doesn't involve having sex with old ladies for money or bear traps. Those are my two bugaboos. While mulling over my resume feel free to check out my baseball card collection, it's small and simple, kinda like me - >>>>> https://s822.photobucket.com/user/JDf...ds%20n%20stuff

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by death2redemptions View Post
    Hey! You mean to tell me my Drury collection is worth more than $10 now?!?? Maybe I can sell them off without taking a loss!

These seem to have had a nice Yankees bump today. Not sure what you are into them for but could be time to list.
    "...it just sounded to me like he felt like he did not do it."

ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WCTYSON View Post
    These seem to have had a nice Yankees bump today. Not sure what you are into them for but could be time to list.
    Oh yeah, my Drury collection is about to meet e-bay...

ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just checked out recent sales and prices have certainly gone up. At least double the price that I had originally paid for them.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by death2redemptions View Post
    Wha??? Are you telling me you don't think Banda, Span, Arroyo, Palacios & Cron will draw in crowds from all over the world?? A couple of those guys were All-Stars (in the minors)!!!

40k in the crowd...all day, every day...even when they don't play.
    Denard Span got MVP votes in 2014. Let that sink in.
    I PC Jeff Frye, Ozzie Smith, Jeff Bagwell, and Matt Holiday. Working on 2006-2018 Allen & Ginter sets
    https://jefffryecollection.wordpress.com - My collection website with galleries and want lists

cmcjr99
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hmmm...

one of my personal faves (souza) AND a recent former game**** going to the d'backs.....guess i'm gonna have to at least halfway pull for zona now...
    I collect any and all South Carolina Gamec0cks in any sport including players and coaches .
    Master set projects
    football : 2000 Finest , 2001 Bowman's Best , 2004 Fleer Tradition`, and 2017 Donruss
    baseball : 2002 Topps Chrome and 2007 Topps
    Claude's Desperate Plea for Help After Dad's Death (pay pal pool)

ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by game****fanatic View Post
    hmmm...

one of my personal faves (souza) AND a recent former game**** going to the d'backs.....guess i'm gonna have to at least halfway pull for zona now...
    Welcome to my world

Bwoodcollector
     @anthonyscorona
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WizardofOz1982 View Post
    Denard Span got MVP votes in 2014. Let that sink in.
    He got robbed last year

Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk
    Please note: Card collecting is my hobby, not my life. I don't take it that serious and like to keep it fun.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast