Thread: Prospects are heating up!

Senior Member death2redemptions's Avatar
     ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WizardofOz1982 View Post
    Y'all have me convinced. Just traded Mitch Keller for Bo Bichette in one of my dynasty leagues.
    I missed out on grabbing Bichette in this years minor league draft of my dynasty league (Keller was taken by someone else last year) but if given the opportunity between the two I would have to go with Keller. This is only because the point system in my league are slanted in the pitchers favor. That and the fact that my rotation is littered with aging starters (most of them are 28+ years old) & I've only got two starting pitchers in my minor league system (Whitley, Flaherty).
    Look, I'm gonna be honest with you. I really need a job. And I will take any position, as long as it doesn't involve having sex with old ladies for money or bear traps. Those are my two bugaboos. While mulling over my resume feel free to check out my baseball card collection, it's small and simple, kinda like me - >>>>> http://s822.photobucket.com/user/JDf...ds%20n%20stuff

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by death2redemptions View Post
    I missed out on grabbing Bichette in this years minor league draft of my dynasty league (Keller was taken by someone else last year) but if given the opportunity between the two I would have to go with Keller. This is only because the point system in my league are slanted in the pitchers favor. That and the fact that my rotation is littered with aging starters (most of them are 28+ years old) & I've only got two starting pitchers in my minor league system (Whitley, Flaherty).
    This is a fresh league this year. 16 teams, 11 minor leaguers (expanding to 20 eventually) 6x6 roto league with even weighting between hitting and pitching. I like Keller but I prefer hitting prospects to pitching.
    I PC Jeff Frye, Ozzie Smith, Jeff Bagwell, and Matt Holiday. Working on 2006-2018 Allen & Ginter sets
    https://jefffryecollection.wordpress.com - My collection website with galleries and want lists

ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WizardofOz1982 View Post
    This is a fresh league this year. 16 teams, 11 minor leaguers (expanding to 20 eventually) 6x6 roto league with even weighting between hitting and pitching. I like Keller but I prefer hitting prospects to pitching.
    For me when it comes to investing I certainly agree. When I started out prospecting 4 years ago my collection was mostly pitchers but eventually I figured out that position players have a far greater ceiling (and far fewer concerns of TJ surgeries). That's not to say that I don't dabble with pitchers, I just put more money into position players. Bo Bichette wasn't left off either...

But even from a non-investment standpoint I prefer position prospects (which is ironic because pitching is my favorite part of the game) too because they generally make a more immediate impact at the major league level while it takes pitchers awhile longer to develop and reach their full potential.

Damn, 11 minor leaguers?? That must be nice. We started with 5 on year 1 and are up to 7 now (we increase one slot per year). I've only used a roto league once and I didn't like it. It was my very first fantasy league and I didn't really understand it so I didn't follow closely and lost interest. I'd probably enjoy it a lot more now that I've gotten into the whole fantasy baseball world and very much digging it. I'm still looking to join another league this year on top of my dynasty one.
    Look, I'm gonna be honest with you. I really need a job. And I will take any position, as long as it doesn't involve having sex with old ladies for money or bear traps. Those are my two bugaboos. While mulling over my resume feel free to check out my baseball card collection, it's small and simple, kinda like me - >>>>> http://s822.photobucket.com/user/JDf...ds%20n%20stuff

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by death2redemptions View Post
    For me when it comes to investing I certainly agree. When I started out prospecting 4 years ago my collection was mostly pitchers but eventually I figured out that position players have a far greater ceiling (and far fewer concerns of TJ surgeries). That's not to say that I don't dabble with pitchers, I just put more money into position players. Bo Bichette wasn't left off either...

But even from a non-investment standpoint I prefer position prospects (which is ironic because pitching is my favorite part of the game) too because they generally make a more immediate impact at the major league level while it takes pitchers awhile longer to develop and reach their full potential.

Damn, 11 minor leaguers?? That must be nice. We started with 5 on year 1 and are up to 7 now (we increase one slot per year). I've only used a roto league once and I didn't like it. It was my very first fantasy league and I didn't really understand it so I didn't follow closely and lost interest. I'd probably enjoy it a lot more now that I've gotten into the whole fantasy baseball world and very much digging it. I'm still looking to join another league this year on top of my dynasty one.
    I feel constrained with 11. I'm used to having 20 in the other leagues I play with this group. That said, thanks to it being a 16 team league the pool was getting pretty thin by the 9th or 10th round.

Wish I'd known you were looking a couple weeks ago when we started up. It was rough coming up with the last couple people to fill out the league.
    I PC Jeff Frye, Ozzie Smith, Jeff Bagwell, and Matt Holiday. Working on 2006-2018 Allen & Ginter sets
    https://jefffryecollection.wordpress.com - My collection website with galleries and want lists

cardboardconglomerate
     jaypers413
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Dammit to hell. Have I mentioned lately how much I despise head-first sliding?

Chicago White Sox @whitesox
    Luis Robert has been diagnosed with a moderate sprain of the ligament in his left thumb. Robert suffered the injury sliding into 2nd base on Wednesday. His hand will be immobilized for approximately 6 weeks, and he is expected to return to game action in approximately 10 weeks.

.....and we're still weeks from MiLB opening day.
    Last edited by Jaypers; 03-10-2018 at 11:17 AM.
    J.P.

justcallmepete
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some names that jump out:

A Santander Balt
    JD Davis Hou
    AJ Reed Hou
    S Travis Bos

tse-investments
     phillyfan0417
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brandon Nimmo is having a great spring.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    "A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject."
    --Winston Churchill

Bwoodcollector
     @anthonyscorona
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyfan0417 View Post

He's a met though so an injury will happen soon

Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk
    Please note: Card collecting is my hobby, not my life. I don't take it that serious and like to keep it fun.

justcallmepete
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyfan0417 View Post

Dumped his stuff last yr after call up.

ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaypers View Post
    Dammit to hell. Have I mentioned lately how much I despise head-first sliding?

Chicago White Sox @whitesox
    Luis Robert has been diagnosed with a moderate sprain of the ligament in his left thumb. Robert suffered the injury sliding into 2nd base on Wednesday. His hand will be immobilized for approximately 6 weeks, and he is expected to return to game action in approximately 10 weeks.

.....and we're still weeks from MiLB opening day.
    Luis Robert? Who cares, Eloy Jimenez is back and he's already hit 2 home runs in just 3 at-bats!!!

Sooner or later he's going to start putting up 40+ HR seasons at the major league level.

ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tack on a tasty triple and walk to Eloy’s night.

I foresee a spike in his prices

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Steven Duggar gem mint orange auto has hit $1,000 this month.

Too bad I only have this lot FS...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	duggar.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	375.9 KB 
ID:	78238
    Last edited by bmp1971; 03-18-2018 at 04:17 PM.
    WTTF/WTB: Looking for Red Sox cards I don't have of players from modern Bowman products. Always open to trade!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kyle Tucker and Ian Happ, based on prices of 2015 Bowman's Best Gems. Acuna is ridiculous right now, and Gleyber's been going up. Rafael Devers is going up significantly, too.
    I will pay a handsome reward for a 2002 BCDP BGS 9.5 Mark Schramek Auto. 2 copies exist, and I need one of them!!

Bwoodcollector
     @anthonyscorona
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bmp1971 View Post
    Steven Duggar gem mint orange auto has hit $1,000 this month.

Too bad I only have this lot FS...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	duggar.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	375.9 KB 
ID:	78238
    Very big expectations from him this year. Giants seem to think he's gonna finally be an outfielder from the system. Nice guy too

Please note: Card collecting is my hobby, not my life. I don't take it that serious and like to keep it fun.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyCorona View Post
    Very big expectations from him this year. Giants seem to think he's gonna finally be an outfielder from the system. Nice guy too

I hope he makes it. I like the Giants. MadBum is one of my few favorite players.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast