User Tag List

Thread: 97 Pinnacle XPress Metal Works - Bronze, Silver, Gold, & WTF??

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

97 Pinnacle XPress Metal Works - Bronze, Silver, Gold, & WTF??

Just wondering if anyone knows of a 4th “Pewter” version. I found this Mo Vaughn. It’s grey in color but doesn’t have the silver shine (or serial #) that the other silvers have.

Can anyone tell me what this is? (I photographed it next to the other 3 versions (Griffey)

(Pics Below)
    Last edited by goobmcnasty; 03-01-2018 at 01:04 PM. Reason: remove the accidental dick pic

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xpress2.JPG 
Views:	23 
Size:	813.6 KB 
ID:	77795

Name:	xpress3.JPG 
Views:	25 
Size:	696.3 KB 
ID:	77796

Name:	xpress4.JPG 
Views:	20 
Size:	564.7 KB 
ID:	77797

piledriver1
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never heard of that. I'd suspect it's some sort of base metal or lead or something that was used as a test. Really neat. I am a fan of that set. I've got the Thomas metalbow (I guess except for this thing, if it exists), and had the complete bronze set until I lost half of it somehow.
    Looking for 2011 Topps Marquee Museum autographs, rare Frank Thomases, and any Grady Sizemores I don't have

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really like the set. Got the Griffeys relatively cheap. For someone who isn't a Mo Vaughn collector, I have some of the most random Mo Vaughn stuff!

carrsallstars
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a.... headache for player collectors! JK, that is pretty neat. Never seen one before. It looks like it is set up a little different, like they didn't leave enough room at the top for the serial numbering. It looks like the "Metal Works" text is higher than on the pack versions. The golds and silvers are pretty tough to find- I wonder if anyone has collected an entire run of these- and if so how the heck much does it weigh!? I took the 3 Manny Ramirez I have out of teh monster box they were in with other cards because they were too heavy
    Collecting (click for website/wantlist):.....Manny Ramirez.....1998 Bowman Chrome Master Set.....2009 Topps Tribute Black Master Set