User Tag List

Thread: Are any of these worth grading?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are any of these worth grading?

Just picked up my grandpas collection yesterday and it seems he has some value in a few boxes but would love to see what yal think. I took pictures of the ones I thought were worth something and would love an estimate or tips to go about selling them. Also open to selling them through here after I find out a little bit more. Thanks in advance for any help.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would only grade the Williams and Banks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agree, I'd only grade the Williams and Banks. Might do the 67 & 70 Brocks, but the rest are too off-centered. Possibly the Henderson rc, but the corners look too rounded to make it worth while...probably be around a 4. Maybe get the Robinson encased for the auto.

Can't go wrong with looking through an old collection like that though! What fun. I'd be interested in buying/trading once you get there.

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any Rickey Rookie is great!

But agreed on the corners.

Love the Williams too.

Now I don't wanna be a Downer and I can't see much from the pics, but are those old-fashioned screwdown holders? Because sometimes they can actually harm the cards when you unscrew them to take out the cards. Not always, but it is a worry. Sure hope it's not the case here.

And GL on what you do get graded!
    Don't forget to use the FCB Link when buying on eBay!

Mr. Enfuego
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app
    "Are you crying? Are you crying? There's no crying in Baseball!!" - Tom Hanks.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If the main goal about grading is the $$$ then look up pop reports and see what each potential grade on ebay would sell for compared to raw.

As everyone is saying the 2 main candidates are the Williams and Banks, especially the Banks as it looks like the Williams top right corner is bad. (my comp is really small though so I could be way off)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gt2590 View Post
    Any Rickey Rookie is great!

But agreed on the corners.

Love the Williams too.

Now I don't wanna be a Downer and I can't see much from the pics, but are those old-fashioned screwdown holders? Because sometimes they can actually harm the cards when you unscrew them to take out the cards. Not always, but it is a worry. Sure hope it's not the case here.

And GL on what you do get graded!
    I think they are Thanks though! I hope I get something decent on those but I'm not positive their gonna crack 7 so I'm not gonna get too excited.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by swish54_99 View Post
    Agree, I'd only grade the Williams and Banks. Might do the 67 & 70 Brocks, but the rest are too off-centered. Possibly the Henderson rc, but the corners look too rounded to make it worth while...probably be around a 4. Maybe get the Robinson encased for the auto.

Can't go wrong with looking through an old collection like that though! What fun. I'd be interested in buying/trading once you get there.
    It's been real fun looking through them for sure! I'll let you know for sure though once I narrow down on some prices and thanks for the tips.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's always fun to go through a collection like that! Agreed on the Ted and Ernie.
    If there's much more to the collection, I'm looking for a 1967 Topps Mike Shannon, and would consider a lot of commons to start a new set, maybe 1969 or 1972. I guess let me know what you're willing to part with (even different years).