User Tag List

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Spring Training standout performances/breakout prospects/stuff you wanna post

aarne13
     Aarne13
    Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5D35E1E3-A750-4645-890E-FCB7463442B4.png 
Views:	16 
Size:	983.2 KB 
ID:	78201

Yesssssss
    Blue Jays Collection

Collecting- Marcus Knecht, John Olerud, certified Jays autos
    Also looking for 2007 Bowman Chrome Shane Benson Gold Refractors Currently have 25/50.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aarne13 View Post

Yesssssss
    It's like a Little Big League Lineup. How many of those guys grew up in an MLB clubhouse?
    I PC Jeff Frye, Ozzie Smith, Jeff Bagwell, and Matt Holiday. Working on 2006-2018 Allen & Ginter sets
    https://jefffryecollection.wordpress.com - My collection website with galleries and want lists

Senior Member death2redemptions's Avatar
     ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyCorona View Post
    Ohtani....Rocked. The pitching version of Acuna, overrated

Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk
    You cannot be overrated if they have a spot in the HOF reserved for you. They are in the process of making Acuna's plaque.

As for Ohtani...yeah, he's overrated. MLB.com actually put him ahead of Acuna which is stupid cuz Ohtani ain't HOF.
    Look, I'm gonna be honest with you. I really need a job. And I will take any position, as long as it doesn't involve having sex with old ladies for money or bear traps. Those are my two bugaboos. While mulling over my resume feel free to check out my baseball card collection, it's small and simple, kinda like me - >>>>> http://s822.photobucket.com/user/JDf...ds%20n%20stuff

ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aarne13 View Post

Yesssssss
    Finally they put both of them in the lineup again! Guerrero & Bichette should be given much more playing time.
    Look, I'm gonna be honest with you. I really need a job. And I will take any position, as long as it doesn't involve having sex with old ladies for money or bear traps. Those are my two bugaboos. While mulling over my resume feel free to check out my baseball card collection, it's small and simple, kinda like me - >>>>> http://s822.photobucket.com/user/JDf...ds%20n%20stuff

Bwoodcollector
     @anthonyscorona
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by death2redemptions View Post
    You cannot be overrated if they have a spot in the HOF reserved for you. They are in the process of making Acuna's plaque.

As for Ohtani...yeah, he's overrated. MLB.com actually put him ahead of Acuna which is stupid cuz Ohtani ain't HOF.
    Acuna wearing a sideways Yankees hat on his plaque next to Gleyber, Aaron and Sanchize

Please note: Card collecting is my hobby, not my life. I don't take it that serious and like to keep it fun.

ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Acuna wearing a sideways Yankees hat on his plaque next to Gleyber, Aaron and Sanchize

Blasphemy!

I texted Acuna what you just said and it angered him so much that he decided to murder a ball and hit it wayyyy outta the park for his 4th HR this Spring.

2018 ST: .432 avg 4 HR 10 RBI 1.317 OPS 4 SB

Bwoodcollector
     @anthonyscorona
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Blasphemy!

I texted Acuna what you just said and it angered him so much that he decided to murder a ball and hit it wayyyy outta the park for his 4th HR this Spring.

2018 ST: .432 avg 4 HR 10 RBI 1.317 OPS 4 SB
    Spring training hall of famer

Please note: Card collecting is my hobby, not my life. I don't take it that serious and like to keep it fun.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chris Shelton Hall of Fame?
    I PC Jeff Frye, Ozzie Smith, Jeff Bagwell, and Matt Holiday. Working on 2006-2018 Allen & Ginter sets
    https://jefffryecollection.wordpress.com - My collection website with galleries and want lists

Bwoodcollector
     @anthonyscorona
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WizardofOz1982 View Post
    The Babe Ruth of spring training

ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WizardofOz1982 View Post
    I once owned a stack of his 2004 SP Prospects cards from all the wax I opened from that product. Don't know whatever happened to them.

Bwoodcollector
     @anthonyscorona
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I once owned a stack of his 2004 SP Prospects cards from all the wax I opened from that product. Don't know whatever happened to them.
    $$$$$

ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BO hits a BOMB! He is 2-for-2 with a HR & 3 RBI

You do bring up a good point, ST stats are indeed meaningless. There is NO WAY Acuna hits for an average as low as .432 during the major league season. He's just getting warmed up.

ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dohhh!!! Acuna was just robbed of HR #5! I blame AnthonyCorona.....and Canada.

ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In all seriousness, I am curbing my expectations with Acuna. I remember when I lived in AZ and Justin Upton was being called a "true" five-tool player/future superstar and then a few years later for ATL they were claiming the same thing with Jason Heyward. Sure, Upton became an All-Star and Heyward was a sabermetric God before being traded to the Cubs but neither became superstars or actual five-tool players (Upton had a .300 avg 20/20 season but lacked defense & arm strength and Heyward had a 20/20 gold glove season but never hit for average). On top of that, most prospects would kill to have the type of careers those two players have had but I've been taught a lesson when it comes to these highly touted "future superstar" type of prospects.

aarne13
     Aarne13
    Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Braden Halladay pitched a 3up/3down inning for Team Canada vs the Jays today in an exhibition game

Name:	51AB31A8-1F10-44BF-9058-9CCA23AC245A.jpeg 
Views:	11 
Size:	75.9 KB 
ID:	78212
    Blue Jays Collection

Collecting- Marcus Knecht, John Olerud, certified Jays autos
    Also looking for 2007 Bowman Chrome Shane Benson Gold Refractors Currently have 25/50.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast