Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Seth Romero sent home from Nats camp

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
Exactly what club policies did he violate?

The article mentioned he was suspended twice by the University of Houston and goes on further to say "Washington normally avoids players with such concerns" but fails to mention why he was suspended and what these "concerns" are.

I'd like to know if these were simply youthful indiscretions that can be fixed as he matures or more along the lines of acts of racism/bigotry/violence, or in other words, long-term behavioral issues that will continue and likely keep him from reaching the majors.

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
Exactly what club policies did he violate?

The article mentioned he was suspended twice by the University of Houston and goes on further to say "Washington normally avoids players with such concerns" but fails to mention why he was suspended and what these "concerns" are.

I'd like to know if these were simply youthful indiscretions that can be fixed as he matures or more along the lines of acts of racism/bigotry/violence, or in other words, long-term behavioral issues that will continue and likely keep him from reaching the majors.

They didn't say, which leads me to believe it was mouthing off to a coach or something.

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
Some clarification via Nationals beat writer on Twitter:

@chelsea_janes

Seth Romero didn’t fail a drug test or run into external trouble, according to person familiar. Sent home because of missteps in camp, not conducting himself according to outlined expectations.

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
From my understanding his two suspensions at U of H were, the first time was conditioning issues and the second time was multiple violations capped off with a social media pic of him holding a bong.