Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Fun game courtesy of MLB cut4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
Dion James Bell

Mex signed a two year contract with the Indians before the 1990 season. He got hurt about 40 games into the year and Dion James (and to be fair Brook Jacoby too) played 1B for the Indians the rest of that season.

Could’ve gone Mets centric with that one ;)

Outfielder who killed a bird at Shea Stadium + pitcher who gave up another popular Mets pitchers first home run

Dion James Shields , lol

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
If this is too hard (doubt it with you guys!), I'll drop a few more hints to help out.

16 year MLB career (1983-1998), 3x All-Star Second Baseman

+

Yankees and Reds outfielder 8 year MLB career in the late-1920's to mid-1930's

+

Catcher with 5 year MLB career mostly in the mid to late 1910's

+

Pitcher with a 7-year MLB career throughout the 1930's

+

Current MLB outfielder/DH who is starting his 14th MLB season in 2018 - 5x All-Star

Did you just drop a quint on us?! Dang I have no idea

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Did you just drop a quint on us?! Dang I have no idea

yep, a quint. I know some things might not be fair because I didn't give teams that might help out. I will give out hints later tomorrow -- starting with the teams I left out for some players-- if noone gets it by then and hopefully someone will. It will require research or someone much more familiar with the obscure players of the past than I am since I had to search the all-time MLB player database to try to piece the quint together.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
First new hint to the quint - in bold below:

16 year MLB career (1983-1998), 3x All-Star Second Baseman

+

Yankees and Reds outfielder 8 year MLB career in the late-1920's to mid-1930's

+

Catcher with 5 year MLB career mostly in the mid to late 1910's - Team was Chicago White Sox

+

Pitcher with a 7-year MLB career throughout the 1930's

+

Current MLB outfielder/DH who is starting his 14th MLB season in 2018 - 5x All-Star

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
you may have to cheat - three of the five might not even have a ballcard. Two might be on a goudey if they were enough of a star (which I doubt) and I suppose one could be on a tobacco card.

Just for sh**s, I should see if any of the three are listed in the beckett database as being on an old timey card

EDIT: one of the three was on two different year zeenut cards, a team issue card, and on a TCMA card released in the 1970's and another was on a goudey and zeenut card. The third one has no cards listed in the database.

Last edited:

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
you may have to cheat - three of the five might not even have a ballcard. Two might be on a goudey if they were enough of a star (which I doubt) and I suppose one could be on a tobacco card.

Just for sh**s, I should see if any of the three are listed in the beckett database as being on an old timey card

EDIT: one of the three was on two different year zeenut cards, a team issue card, and on a TCMA card released in the 1970's and another was on a goudey and zeenut card. The third one has no cards listed in the database.

Ok, I cheated, god that was hard...

Juan Samuel Byrd Lynn Nelson Cruz

Well done

Members online