Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

1996 MLB Pins

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wthalin

Feb 28, 2018
Concord, CA
Anyone know anything about these? It is a set listed on Beckett and I’m trying to find the Girardi but can’t actually find these for any player or even see what they look like! Google isn’t helpful and didn’t find anything searching this forum.

Is this another white whale like the 98 pacific online winners?

wthalin

Feb 28, 2018
Concord, CA

Rob Nen is not in the checklist. Here is a link to the checklist on Beckett:

https://www.beckett.com/search/?term=1996+mlb+pins&year_start=1996&rowNum=25&page=1

Looks like 37 cards and the checklist seems very random. I am surprised none of the other player/team collectors have run into issues fulfilling holes from this set. I don't actually know what these look like at all.

Anyone else have any guidance on these?

wthalin

Feb 28, 2018
Concord, CA
Thanks, this is helpful though it seems ridiculous that these are listed on Beckett. Can someone confirm? Looks like what you posted is a 98. Not sure if they made these multiple years.

Apr 13, 2010
Beckett has this to say about the set:

"This set consists of 37 pins that measure approximately 2 15/16" each in diameter and features color photos of Major League Baseball players. The pins are unnumbered and checklisted below in alphabetical order. Pins were only made for teams which participated in the championship series: Atlanta Braves, Baltimore Orioles, St. Louis Cardinals and New York Yankees."

Apr 13, 2010
Last edited: