User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Player Collectors: how do you store/display?

dacubs47
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I second the love for the display cases.

I plan to make something for my 1933 goudey cubs team set I’m working on.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have about 2300 unique Cansecos, all stored in sleeve/toploaders - even high-value ones like my Red Crusade. They are all in 4 row boxes and stored in the exact order as they are shown on my website (which is what I use for display): http://www.mattscansecocollection.com/cards?own=1 I still need to scan a whole bunch, but it's a task that I absolutely hate. Someday I'll get to it.
    Collecting Jose Canseco -- www.MattsCansecoCollection.com Approaching 2500 unique cards and over 300 autos!

Collecting Riley Pint - www.RileyPint.com Total owned: 69%, 1/1s: 53

icollectichiro
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm close to 2,000 unique Ichiro cards. I have all stored in penny sleeves, toploaders, and then in perfect fit sleeves. From there they are stored in a 3 row boxes that fit graded cards. These work extremely well as they are taller so you can put standard size cards and also graded if need be and also the rows are wider. Even though the perfect fit sleeves fit great they still bunch up/ rub against the dividers in standard shoe boxes but they won't in these even graded cards in the sleeves. In the boxes everything is sorted by year, product, and rarity which matches how I have everything organized on my website. One thing I'm in the process of doing is putting all cards possible into a toploader. One touches look great but I've heard some stories of card edges getting chipped over time not sure if that's just from having the cards in the wrong size mag or what. Also if it's a chrome card or one that has a lot of shine you need to put a penny sleeve over the card to protect the surface from getting scratched while in a mag and if it's got an auto it could be a nightmare. I just talked with a guy that didn't know about putting a penny sleeve on top of cards with auto's and has 4 cards that the auto's are scratched. I still like taking pictures of cards in mags but not with the top on or stored that way I know I'm anal...haha. These are the 3 row boxes I use they work perfect!! https://www.ebay.com/itm/Graded-Spor...d/273136153145

Check out my site featuring Ichiro
    www.icollectichiro.com
    RC's, Parallels, Variations, SSP, and Graded Cards

dacubs47
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by icollectichiro View Post
    I'm close to 2,000 unique Ichiro cards. I have all stored in penny sleeves, toploaders, and then in perfect fit sleeves. From there they are stored in a 3 row boxes that fit graded cards. These work extremely well as they are taller so you can put standard size cards and also graded if need be and also the rows are wider. Even though the perfect fit sleeves fit great they still bunch up/ rub against the dividers in standard shoe boxes but they won't in these even graded cards in the sleeves. In the boxes everything is sorted by year, product, and rarity which matches how I have everything organized on my website. One thing I'm in the process of doing is putting all cards possible into a toploader. One touches look great but I've heard some stories of card edges getting chipped over time not sure if that's just from having the cards in the wrong size mag or what. Also if it's a chrome card or one that has a lot of shine you need to put a penny sleeve over the card to protect the surface from getting scratched while in a mag and if it's got an auto it could be a nightmare. I just talked with a guy that didn't know about putting a penny sleeve on top of cards with auto's and has 4 cards that the auto's are scratched. I still like taking pictures of cards in mags but not with the top on or stored that way I know I'm anal...haha. These are the 3 row boxes I use they work perfect!! https://www.ebay.com/itm/Graded-Spor...d/273136153145
    Are you the Ichiro collector that was on a Beckett podcast episode? If not, you should look up that episode and listen. Pretty interesting interview with an Ichiro collector that an amazing collection.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Somewhat on topic, for those looking for shelf options that will hold the weight of binders over time Walmart’s website sells these larger “cube” storage options that display nice and the cube design holds enough weight that the shelves don’t appear that they will bow as easily as the longer shelves can and still be pretty affordable. I recently threw this one up, think it was around $125Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3879.JPG 
Views:	19 
Size:	366.9 KB 
ID:	79180

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board
    SCREW PHOTOBUCKET
    Jeff Cirillo Spread Sheet ||
    Hall of Unending Gratitude: dazed, magicpapa, uniquebaseballcards, and the vigilant eye of tonsofcommons

icollectichiro
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wthalin View Post
    Are you the Ichiro collector that was on a Beckett podcast episode? If not, you should look up that episode and listen. Pretty interesting interview with an Ichiro collector that an amazing collection.
    I'm not him but I know him, we've talked several times. His collection is crazy here's his blog http://theichirovault.blogspot.com/ really good guy!!!

Check out my site featuring Ichiro
    www.icollectichiro.com
    RC's, Parallels, Variations, SSP, and Graded Cards

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123