Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Official 2018 Atlanta Braves Season discussion thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
What happened to Votto? What happened to Albies?

Not sure why Albies isn't in the game but Votto was arguing balls and strikes and subsequently tossed from the game. Unfortunately, I don't think it will be enough for us to win this game. Can't win games if you can't score runs and we need at least 3 now. Scoring just one run was gonna be hard enough without Albies in the lineup...three is impossible.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
Horrific...absolutely horrible. It was bad enough when our lineup went into an extended slump but now our bullpen has been demolished too. Our starting pitching has regressed as well. I think the Orioles series could have been the beginning of the end and the one we'll remember when our playoff hopes are destroyed later down the line this season. Losing back-to-back series against the worst teams in their respective leagues just doesn't happen to contending teams. I suppose some moves before the deadline "could" potentially keep us in the wild card race but they'd have to be some major moves that cost us dearly in terms of prospects. We'd need a couple upper tier bullpen arms (like Familia & Hand), a front line (or at least a proven #3) starting pitcher and someone who could turn this offense around. Machado would be out of the question as we don't have the payroll flexibility (or so I keep hearing).

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
Well, JT pitched beyond my expectations tonight it's just too bad nobody in our lineup has been producing & our bullpen has been terrible.

We've got bases loaded with only one out but I've seen this movie about a million times before this season and it almost always has a terrible ending.

Members online

Latest posts