Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Official 2018 Atlanta Braves Season discussion thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
Ummmm....hey Snitker, you may want to take Wisler out of the game. Remember we've blown leads this big before due to your poor usage of the bullpen.

Wisler has now given up 4 earned runs in the 9th while only recording a single out and now Stinker brings in.....Sam Freeman!?! With a RISP

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
I already perceive Albies to be an All-Star but there is one area of his game that prevents him from reaching superstar status and that would be his plate discipline. You'll notice superstars have one thing in common: they all have a very good OBP that is generally .350 or higher. Albies needs to be more patient at the plate so that he can take more walks instead of swinging at bad pitches that lead to soft contact or pop ups. This is just his first full season in the majors and he's still only 21 years old so I wouldn't expect to see that sort of elite discipline this season, maybe not even next year. I just hope that he continues to work on that aspect of the game as he gains more experience at the plate. I'd be very if he were to finish the season with a .330 OBP as that's considered to be an average number.

Members online

Latest posts