Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Official 2018 Atlanta Braves Season discussion thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
It's sort of surprising that Mike Foltynewicz has become the ace of our pitching staff. In fact, he's putting up All-Star numbers and I'd no longer be surprised to see him make the cut.

I say it's *sort of* surprising because while Folty may not have been putting up stats worthy enough to even be a major league starter up until 2018, I've always known that he's had the raw stuff and ability to become a top of the rotation starter. He's always been his own worst enemy on the mound, getting way too worked up in high leverage scenarios or when umpires wouldn't give him the call...simply put, he was a head case. However it looks like he's been able to control his emotions easier this season. Maybe he's seeing a psychiatrist, I dunno. The only thing holding him back from becoming a true ace at this point are the early high pitch counts that prevent him from going deep into the game. He hasn't been able to go deeper than 5 innings in his last 4 starts, despite never allowing more than one run in any of them.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
While Freeman remains ice cold, Albies has upped his batting average .24 points in his last 10 games

Albies - .282 avg 18 HR 50 RBI .843 OPS (8 SB, 67 R)

Still leads the league in XBH, runs, doubles & total bases. 3rd in hits & 6th in home runs

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
Fried is awful.Florida had a 9-0 lead. Now Washington is leading 10-9. How the hell does that happen? Never mind it's Florida. I hope the Braves and Florida come back.

Members online

No members online now.