Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Official 2018 Atlanta Braves Season discussion thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
Braves take an early 4-1 in the first inning which came from an Albies solo HR, Preston Tucker sac fly RBI & a 2 run double from Dansby!

In case you are interested, Freeman drew a walk & scored a run which puts him 1st in the majors for both those categories (he's also first in RBI, OBP & OPS). He has 11 walks & only 3 strikeouts

Rabs

Jan 25, 2011
Land O Lakes, FL
Great start for this team. They are scoring way more runs which is great. I think Dansby already has more hits this year than he did last year.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
Great start for this team. They are scoring way more runs which is great. I think Dansby already has more hits this year than he did last year.

More good news...Sean Newcomb k's 9 thru 6 scoreless innings pitching in COLORADO!!! That's no easy feat. Best start of his career IMO

Also, Dansby keeps on bringing it, this time with the long ball. He's batting a .382 avg with a 1.018 OPS!

And can't forget about the little guy! Albies hits another bomb that puts him in the team lead for home runs with 3. He went 2-for-4 with a double, HR & 2 RBI

Braves are 6-3....still ahead of the Nats!!!

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
One of the most overlooked young players in baseball.

I'm pissed with myself that I unloaded nearly my entire Albies collection. When his base autos hit the $40-$50 range I felt like I had to sell cuz I figured the lack of power all scouts rated him with (mlb.com gave him 20 power...which is the equivalent of no home runs per season) would keep his cards from ever reaching or exceeding that value range again. It was a 300% profit for me (I paid $10-$13 for base with the usual multipliers for color) so I was ecstatic at the time. Now I believe he could become an Altuve type player with similar power & speed. He's got an extremely advanced bat for his age & I do believe he'll also become a perennial .300 hitter in the very near future. I kept a base & refractor auto for my own collection (I generally do with all Braves prospects) but I could see his autos going well above $40-$50 in a year or two.

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
I'm pissed with myself that I unloaded nearly my entire Albies collection. When his base autos hit the $40-$50 range I felt like I had to sell cuz I figured the lack of power all scouts rated him with (mlb.com gave him 20 power...which is the equivalent of no home runs per season) would keep his cards from ever reaching or exceeding that value range again. It was a 300% profit for me (I paid $10-$13 for base with the usual multipliers for color) so I was ecstatic at the time. Now I believe he could become an Altuve type player with similar power & speed. He's got an extremely advanced bat for his age & I do believe he'll also become a perennial .300 hitter in the very near future. I kept a base & refractor auto for my own collection (I generally do with all Braves prospects) but I could see his autos going well above $40-$50 in a year or two.

I have a feeling it won't take that long, with the extra attention Acuna is going to bring to the team shortly.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The little guy brought his big boy bat...another HR for Albies!

He leads the club with 4 jacks.

I made a crazy preseason prediction that Albies would end up leading the club in home runs. It was sort of a joke and everyone on the mlb.com message board called me nuts but maybe it's possible he'll finish April with the most bombs.

AUTaxMan

Nov 25, 2009
Mobile, AL
The little guy brought his big boy bat...another HR for Albies!

He leads the club with 4 jacks.

I made a crazy preseason prediction that Albies would end up leading the club in home runs. It was sort of a joke and everyone on the mlb.com message board called me nuts but maybe it's possible he'll finish April with the most bombs.

I think it was Mark Bradley who said based on the spring he thought Albies would play at an All-Star level this year.

Members online