Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Official 2018 Atlanta Braves Season discussion thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

u2me57

Mar 21, 2014
Hendersonville, Tn.
The Braves really looked good today in their double header drubbing of the Marlins. The young players (Acuna, Albies, Camargo) looked great in both games. Touki pitched good in game 1. They Braves have a good mix of young players and veterans (Freeman, Markakis). It was nice while it lasted (1st place for Phillies) but I still think the Braves will win the NL East and go to the World Series. But I hope I'm wrong. Go Phillies!

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
Fun fact: Only 3 Braves players over the past 110 seasons have hit 15 career home runs before the age of 21 – Andruw Jones (26), Eddie Mathews (25) and Acuna (17 and counting)...and Acuna doesn’t turn 21 until December. That's some good company to keep!

The Braves really looked good today in their double header drubbing of the Marlins. The young players (Acuna, Albies, Camargo) looked great in both games. Touki pitched good in game 1. They Braves have a good mix of young players and veterans (Freeman, Markakis). It was nice while it lasted (1st place for Phillies) but I still think the Braves will win the NL East and go to the World Series. But I hope I'm wrong. Go Phillies!

The Phillies have a really good team too and I actually think they are closer to being ready to compete in the playoffs (and go beyond the division series) because they appear to have a more complete team. Their top 2 starting pitchers (Nola, Arrieta) are what standout as their biggest advantage over the Braves. I still fear the Phillies, far more than the Nats, they are just in a dry spell like we were a couple weeks ago. It certainly is a close race to the finish!

manningmurphyfan

Aug 17, 2008
Me neither. Just launched it. Definitely in the zone.

Was seriously considering the meet and greet Aug 31 if I my son’s school didn’t have a football game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

manningmurphyfan

Aug 17, 2008
That does. Why didn’t they trade for him? Wanted them to make a push at the deadline and was telling them to offer Julio.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
That does. Why didn’t they trade for him? Wanted them to make a push at the deadline and was telling them to offer Julio.

I remember back when they still had Yelich they were trying to package him & Realmuto in a deal and we actually did make an offer but they wanted Acuna (and more) in return. They insisted Acuna be in the deal.

We should have made another go at just him.

manningmurphyfan

Aug 17, 2008
Remember that and thought hell no. Agreed that the Braves should’ve revisited talks for Realmuto. Would be such a huge upgrade at catcher.

manningmurphyfan

Aug 17, 2008
Nice! He’s a guy that’s grown on me. Thought we needed 3B but maybe he covers until Riley gets there and then move him to SS.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
Nice! He’s a guy that’s grown on me. Thought we needed 3B but maybe he covers until Riley gets there and then move him to SS.

I really like Camargo. When he debuted last year my first impressions of him was just another utility guy who would maybe stay with us a year longer then become a journeyman...but he's shown some real potential this year. Riley is likely our third baseman of the future so I'm not sure what will happen to Camargo when he solidifies that role.

manningmurphyfan

Aug 17, 2008
I really like Camargo. When he debuted last year my first impressions of him was just another utility guy who would maybe stay with us a year longer then become a journeyman...but he's shown some real potential this year. Riley is likely our third baseman of the future so I'm not sure what will happen to Camargo when he solidifies that role.

He reminds me of Prado.

Error by Sanchez was ridiculous

Members online

Latest posts