User Tag List

Page 60 of 134 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470110 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official 2018 Atlanta Braves Season discussion thread

johnryno2012
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When do the Braves make a move for Ripken? Specifically Billy Ripken.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Senior Member death2redemptions's Avatar
     ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabs View Post
    Didn't get to see the majority of the game since I was at the Trop seeing Trout hit his 30th HR. Saw some highlights and looked like Allard got knocked around a bit. Left a lot of 89 mph fastballs right over the heart of the plate which is a recipe for disaster.
    He was pitching in piss poor conditions. It was basically raining the entire game. Probably one of the reasons Straily looked so bad against us.

But yeah, he did leave a lot of low velocity fastballs up in the zone.

Quote Originally Posted by johnryno View Post
    When do the Braves make a move for Ripken? Specifically Billy Ripken.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app
    Everybody has a f*ck face in their organization...everybody.
    Look, I'm gonna be honest with you. I really need a job. And I will take any position, as long as it doesn't involve having sex with old ladies for money or bear traps. Those are my two bugaboos. While mulling over my resume feel free to check out my baseball card collection, it's small and simple, kinda like me - >>>>> https://s822.photobucket.com/user/JDf...ds%20n%20stuff

johnryno2012
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by death2redemptions View Post
    He was pitching in piss poor conditions. It was basically raining the entire game. Probably one of the reasons Straily looked so bad against us.

But yeah, he did leave a lot of low velocity fastballs up in the zone.

Everybody has a f*ck face in their organization...everybody.
    Where do I stream Braves games? Pretty easy to jump on that bandwagon with half the roster comprised of former O's.

ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where do I stream Braves games? Pretty easy to jump on that bandwagon with half the roster comprised of former O's.
    Markakis having a career year too. He's become a fan favorite around these parts. It's too bad this will be his last year with us, unless of course the Braves sign him to an extension but I imagine it won't just be us wanting to give him a contract now.

Kevin Gausman making his debut on Friday. Excited to see that game.

We get access to Braves games in South Carolina since we are so close but I've always just used mlb.tv from mlb.com to stream games from other teams but it ain't free. They have a sale going on for 29.95 for the rest of the season although it ain't a huge value or anything. It saves you about $10 off the usual price if you pay monthly and about the same price if you have the yearly package.
    Look, I'm gonna be honest with you. I really need a job. And I will take any position, as long as it doesn't involve having sex with old ladies for money or bear traps. Those are my two bugaboos. While mulling over my resume feel free to check out my baseball card collection, it's small and simple, kinda like me - >>>>> https://s822.photobucket.com/user/JDf...ds%20n%20stuff

johnryno2012
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Markakis having a career year too. He's become a fan favorite around these parts. It's too bad this will be his last year with us, unless of course the Braves sign him to an extension but I imagine it won't just be us wanting to give him a contract now.

Kevin Gausman making his debut on Friday. Excited to see that game.

We get access to Braves games in South Carolina since we are so close but I've always just used mlb.tv from mlb.com to stream games from other teams but it ain't free. They have a sale going on for 29.95 for the rest of the season although it ain't a huge value or anything. It saves you about $10 off the usual price if you pay monthly and about the same price if you have the yearly package.
    Well, I can see them on MASN whenever they're playing the Nationals.

Gausman is fun to watch. He should do very well not having to throw in Camden/vs. DH.

ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Acuna with a leadoff triple & Albies drives him in the following at-bat

1-0 Braves

Well, I can see them on MASN whenever they're playing the Nationals.

Gausman is fun to watch. He should do very well not having to throw in Camden/vs. DH.
    Yeah and not having to face offensive beasts like the Yankees/Red Sox/Jays. Meanwhile, the NL East is one of the worst offenzive divisions in baseball

ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ronald Acuna hits a single in his 2nd at-bat, steals 2nd base & is driven in by Freddie Freeman

4-1 Braves

ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ronald Acuna - .271 avg 11 HR 27 RBI .838 OPS 6 SB

ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And with that 2-out walk Acuna has reached base in all 3 plate appearances.

They shouldn't have thrown up the stop sign at 3rd base, I feel Acuna could have scored. Oh well...

Right now I'm loving our 1 thru 4 (Acuna-Albies-Freeman-Markakis) in the order!

ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Close game....4-2 Braves in the 6th

ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Too close for comfort now...runners on 2nd & 3rd with only 1 out for the Mets in the 6th

mrmet17
    Mentioned
    613 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Too close for comfort now...runners on 2nd & 3rd with only 1 out for the Mets in the 6th
    You mean man on 3rd, two out...

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMet View Post
    You mean man on 3rd, two out...

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board
    Awesome sauce!

I was assuming we were going to get screwed again on the call

ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And just like that...inning over!

Acuna leading off in the 7th. With the top of our order hitting, this may be our best opportunity to get some add-on runs.

ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Somebody needs to hit a home run here...