Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Official 2018 Atlanta Braves Season discussion thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
This may be the only Braves rain postponed game I've been glad to see. It's the final day of the week in my fantasy matchup and my opponent has Folty (plus Swanson, Ender & Albies). He's not an ace or anything but it's a VERY close game and I really want this win!!!

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
With all the excitement surrounding Acuna's first major league home run many might have overlooked what Albies did today. He swatted a couple more extra base hits including his league leading 8th HR of the season. In all honesty, I never expected to see Albies leading the league in home runs at any point of his career. Take a look at where he ranks in these categories

8 Home Runs - 1st NL
24 Runs Scored - 1st NL
30 Hits - 1st NL
19 XBH - 1st NL
66 Total Bases - 1st NL
10 Doubles - 2nd NL
.635 Slg% - 4th NL

Pretty amazing, huh?

Rabs

Jan 25, 2011
Land O Lakes, FL
So much to be excited about with the Braves. Haven't said that in a long time. Future is so bright!

You picking up any of the Topps Living/Now Acuna cards?

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
So much to be excited about with the Braves. Haven't said that in a long time. Future is so bright!

You picking up any of the Topps Living/Now Acuna cards?

I've never bought any of the Topps Living/Now cards before but I'm tempted to with Acuna.

And yeah, I've always been excited for our future (with some healthy skepticism, as prospects don't always pan out...even the top ones) but now we're finally getting to see the results of our rebuild with Acuna & Albies. Dansby is finally starting to come around & we've still got Austin Riley right around the corner who's been tearing it up in the minors. This team certainly isn't lacking in offense or defense. It's up to the pitching now.

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
With all the excitement surrounding Acuna's first major league home run many might have overlooked what Albies did today. He swatted a couple more extra base hits including his league leading 8th HR of the season. In all honesty, I never expected to see Albies leading the league in home runs at any point of his career. Take a look at where he ranks in these categories

8 Home Runs - 1st NL
24 Runs Scored - 1st NL
30 Hits - 1st NL
19 XBH - 1st NL
66 Total Bases - 1st NL
10 Doubles - 2nd NL
.635 Slg% - 4th NL

Pretty amazing, huh?

Amazing start for sure. Harper and Blackmon have both been sitting on 8 HRs for about a week though so he tied the National League Lead. Trout of course leads everyone with 10 and Aaron Judge....err Didi Gregorious is in second with 9.

Who would have thought with Judge, Stanton, and Sanchez that Gregorious would be batting third for the Yankees and leading the team in HRs?

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA

Rabs

Jan 25, 2011
Land O Lakes, FL
Well technically it is Acuna's first RC logo card, so I feel like it will always be remembered that way. I bought mine from the Topps site directly but have seen a lot of them available on eBay as well.

As for Didi, he is playing amazing so far. Hard to pitch around him since that lineup is so deep.

Members online

Latest posts