Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Official 2018 Atlanta Braves Season discussion thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
I would make fun of you rooting for 2 teams and them playing either other but I often play chess vs myself for hours on end and argue at myself.. . . . .. :-?

so carry on fine sir. :geek:

That sounds like a fair assessment lol.

Have you seen the show Mr. Robot? Fu**ing amazing show. It's about this hacker who has this multiple personality issue where he'll becomes his angry dead terrorist father (think Fight Club) and he can generally keep his father aka Mr. Robot from taking over if he takes drugs...however after sobering up and determined to remain clean there is this scene where he's battling with Mr. Robot (played by Kevin Bacon) to remain in control cuz he doesn't want to keep waking up finding out that he blew up another federal building or hacked the entire banking system.....again....but he doesn't want to keep living with this eternal battle with his alter ego (consuming drugs just to remain in control, kicking the $hit out of each other, which is really just him kicking his own a$$)...so Elliot (the main character) decides one must die, himself or Mr. Robot. He proposes a game of chess to Mr. Robot...if he can beat him his alter ego will cease his terrorist plot and let Elliot remain in control of his mind but if his alter ego father Mr. Robot wins, he can take over and finish up the terrorist plot with no interruptions. FYI - Elliot is a very experienced chess player, as was his father, who spends much of his time playing chess at the parks. So they sit down to play (it's really just him playing himself because his alter ego father doesn't really exist, although he is visible in the scene) and after a close match the game ends in stalemate...so they play again...another stalemate...and after a third stalemate Elliot screams "that is a statistical impossibility! Let's play again" then Mr. Robot calls it something else. “This is avoidance!” Elliot can’t disagree. He realizes he can't win or lose because in actuality he's just playing himself. The same is true with him battling his alter ego because it's simply an eternal battle that cannot be won. He must embrace Mr. Robot, after all they want to achieve the same thing, just by different means of doing so.

Anywho, that scene immediately came to mind after reading your comment. It was a pretty big scene in tv history too, one that was talked about for awhile.

manningmurphyfan

Aug 17, 2008
And he gives up an RBI double to the pitcher....good lord.

This team is slowly falling apart. Only way we make it to the postseason is if the Phillies continue to play as poorly as us (they were losing 7-0 to the Mets last I checked)

Not good. Didn’t realize Clay Buccholz was doing so well this year.

Members online

Latest posts