Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Official 2018 Atlanta Braves Season discussion thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
From mlb.com...

"Acuna gave the Braves a 2-0 lead on Sunday with a two-run opposite-field homer off D-backs left-hander Robbie Ray in the sixth inning. The liner over the right-field wall was his 25th homer of the season. The only other players to record this total in a season before their 21st birthday are Eddie Mathews (HOF), Orlando Cepeda (HOF), Al Kaline (HOF), Alex Rodriguez (steroids), Frank Robinson (HOF) and Mel Ott (HOF)."

manningmurphyfan

Aug 17, 2008
From mlb.com...

"Acuna gave the Braves a 2-0 lead on Sunday with a two-run opposite-field homer off D-backs left-hander Robbie Ray in the sixth inning. The liner over the right-field wall was his 25th homer of the season. The only other players to record this total in a season before their 21st birthday are Eddie Mathews (HOF), Orlando Cepeda (HOF), Al Kaline (HOF), Alex Rodriguez (steroids), Frank Robinson (HOF) and Mel Ott (HOF)."

Haha - Arod (steroids)

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
Acuna for MVP!

Yeah, screw ROY...without Acuna would this team even be in first?

It's hard to say honestly...according to sabermetrics he's worth four wins (which would have us about tied with the Phillies if we just had a replacement level player in outfield during his time with us) but sabermetrics are far from perfect. We had many players bringing the offense in the first half (Freeman, Markakis, Albies) but for most of the 2nd half Acuna has had to carry our offense.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
Why would you do that? Newcomb was pitching masterfully. I sorta understood the reasoning (although disagreed with it) when the game was still tied but they drive in Albies to give us the lead and with nobody on base they still pinch hit for him. Now our bullpen has to put up 3 scoreless innings in order for us to win this one (assuming we don't score any more runs) and that just ain't gonna happen. Seriously, when was the last time our bullpen put up 3 scoreless innings in a game? A month ago?

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
Rooting for a Braves sweep, buddy at work is a Giants fan, and we made a bet at the beginning of the year that whichever team finishes with a worse record buys the other guy a good case of beer...help me get that beer Braves...

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
Rooting for a Braves sweep, buddy at work is a Giants fan, and we made a bet at the beginning of the year that whichever team finishes with a worse record buys the other guy a good case of beer...help me get that beer Braves...

With 13 fewer losses than the Giants and 18 games remaining in the season it's almost become a statistical impossibility that you won't be drinking your friends beer by the end of the season.

And when you receive that case of beer make sure to tell him..."Watch it. Now, my straw reaches acroooooooss the room and starts to drink your milkshake. I... drink... your... milkshake! I drink it up!" You can always replace milkshake with "beer" and straw with "beer bong"....either way, make a scene of it and you'll look like a bad ass while humiliating him.

You might also look like a crazy person if he doesn't get the reference.

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
With 13 fewer losses than the Giants and 18 games remaining in the season it's almost become a statistical impossibility that you won't be drinking your friends beer by the end of the season.

And when you receive that case of beer make sure to tell him..."Watch it. Now, my straw reaches acroooooooss the room and starts to drink your milkshake. I... drink... your... milkshake! I drink it up!" You can always replace milkshake with "beer" and straw with "beer bong"....either way, make a scene of it and you'll look like a bad ass while humiliating him.

You might also look like a crazy person if he doesn't get the reference.

You do realize i meant my team (the Mets) had to have a better record than the Giants right... ;)