Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Official 2018 Atlanta Braves Season discussion thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
Our 2018 season opened up with a blast...a Markakis walk-off blast to be more specific! I hope to see many more of these types of games this season.

The biggest highlight of our season will likely be the call-up of Ronald Acuna & what will come from it...good or bad...he will be discussed often.

I anticipate many pages of this thread to be a discussion among myself...talking to myself...but for the rest of the Braves fans on this site, feel free to drop a line or two whenever you please. Don't feel frightened by the crazy guy (me) talking to himself, I do not bite...but feel free to bite me if you'd like. ;)

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
Early predictions:

Freddie Freeman hits 35+ HR while maintaining a .300/.400/.500 (or better) slash line.
Ozzie Albies hits 15+ HR with 20+ SB
Ronald Acuna becomes a 20 HR/20 SB player in his rookie season while finishing top 3 in ROY voting
Ender Inciarte hits around .300 with 20+ SB & wins another gold glove

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
Walks....they are indeed the silent killer.

And where is our defense? We could probably just put Inciarte in the outfield, Freeman & Albies in the infield with nobody else and get the exact same results. No more pickoff attempts please!

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
Solid start to the year. I'm hoping for at least a .500 season, it's been a while.

I'm pretty sure the Braves haven't had a winning season since I was in my 20's. Feels like it's been a decade (I know it really hasn't) so I'd be thrilled if they could just finish one game over .500 this year cuz next year we'll have a huge chunk of our top prospects on the team, ready to rumble.

Members online