Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Official 2018 Atlanta Braves Season discussion thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
In all likelihood, this game is over which is a shame cuz the odds of us winning this game before it started were astronomical. An injured Mets squad with a starting pitcher who had a 10+ ERA. You can't lose games like this if you want to contend.

Nationals will take 1st place but we all knew that would happen eventually. A wild card spot has always been the realistic goal.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
Alright, calling it now....we've lost this game.

Newcomb cannot find the strike zone if his life depended on it. When he'd have games like this in the minors there would always be an "L" attached to the stat line.

He'd have to really turn it around and issue no more walks from here on out in order to keep this game close. Even then, after watching our team get shutout thru 5 innings against a turd pitcher with a 10+ ERA, I'm not sure our lineup is capable of putting up enough runs against a starting pitcher who has been both really good this year and done incredibly well against this Braves team in his career. I believe he's 7-3 against us with a 2.77 ERA & 1.03 WHIP. He has the most career wins against the Braves than he does with any other team.

I'm not saying it's impossible for us to win this game...what I'm saying is that we're going to need some magic in our bats again with the flair for dramatics. That and Newcomb is gonna have to do a complete 180.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts