Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Baseball library

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
I don't know how I missed this thread before, but I am book collector myself, with a focus on baseball.

I currently have 110 signed baseball books. One day, I will figure out a new place to store my images, but for now here is a link to all 110 titles on photobucket (feel free to ask specific questions about it if you don't want to go near a link to that horrible company, which is understandable).

http://s236.photobucket.com/user/mighty-bombjack/library/Signed Books?sort=4&page=1

I admit to not having read all of them, or even half, but I do enjoy baseball books. For an insider's view of baseball history, I recommend the commissioners' autobiographies (Ford Frick, Happy Chandler, & Bowie Kuhn - I recall Selig selling the rights to a book a few years ago but have heard nothing about that since).

I will throw in one two of my favorite baseball reads, only recommended for baseball nuts who are interested in the minutia of the game:

attachment.php

attachment.php

Greg Cleveland

Aug 9, 2008
Eau Claire, Wisconsin, United States
I don't know how I missed this thread before, but I am book collector myself, with a focus on baseball.

I currently have 110 signed baseball books. One day, I will figure out a new place to store my images, but for now here is a link to all 110 titles on photobucket (feel free to ask specific questions about it if you don't want to go near a link to that horrible company, which is understandable).

http://s236.photobucket.com/user/mighty-bombjack/library/Signed Books?sort=4&page=1

I admit to not having read all of them, or even half, but I do enjoy baseball books. For an insider's view of baseball history, I recommend the commissioners' autobiographies (Ford Frick, Happy Chandler, & Bowie Kuhn - I recall Selig selling the rights to a book a few years ago but have heard nothing about that since).

I will throw in one two of my favorite baseball reads, only recommended for baseball nuts who are interested in the minutia of the game:

attachment.php

attachment.php
Listened to 3 Nights in August on audio. Amazing stories!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Freedom Card Board mobile app

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos

attachment.php

attachment.php

Wait, all those books are signed?! Like, the Ruth? I’d love to see the autos in the books along with the covers

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
Wait, all those books are signed?! Like, the Ruth? I’d love to see the autos in the books along with the covers

Yes the Ruth is signed, purchased in a Heritage auction a few years back. Absolutely beautiful autograph that can be seen in the photo bucket under HOF autos. I have several books that cross over into my HOF auto collection (the Johnny Evers is another major highlight). One of the reasons I love signed books is that the autographs tend to be excellent examples, as authors tend to sign books with pride (even if, as was the case with both Ruth and Evers, the player was listed as author but used a ghost writer). Plus, the auto sits within the protection of the book itself, safe from light and scuffing.

I have seen Satchel Paige and Jackie Robinson signed books, and I may purchase one of those some day, but the white whale is a Christy Mathewson (hard-signed, not the questionable bookplate version).

Man, I gotta get those images off of crapbucket

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
Yes the Ruth is signed, purchased in a Heritage auction a few years back. Absolutely beautiful autograph that can be seen in the photo bucket under HOF autos. I have several books that cross over into my HOF auto collection (the Johnny Evers is another major highlight). One of the reasons I love signed books is that the autographs tend to be excellent examples, as authors tend to sign books with pride (even if, as was the case with both Ruth and Evers, the player was listed as author but used a ghost writer). Plus, the auto sits within the protection of the book itself, safe from light and scuffing.

I have seen Satchel Paige and Jackie Robinson signed books, and I may purchase one of those some day, but the white whale is a Christy Mathewson (hard-signed, not the questionable bookplate version).

Man, I gotta get those images off of crapbucket

Wow, amazing, I’m a reader, and signed book collector, but that collection is amazing, mine comes nowhere close...of course my sports section is a bit more Metscentric...but still